CBR1100XX.org Forum

poll for best sounding xx exhaust

pdaddy21

• 1 month later...

I searched and searched for an exhaust for my 2003 XX and said forget this. I wasn't willing to spend the kind of money manufacturers wanted to get what I considered sound that was simply just that same old sportbike sound and to what real advantage? So, just by chance I ran across a You Tube video of a guy in Europe that extended the stock headpipe and ran the exhaust unbaffled and totally open. Hmmmmmm, there it was, an XX that was alive with a sound unique to itself much like the bike. I didn't like the way it was done but I had to have that sound. In doing a bit of research I located two resinators that weigh very litte and they are only 6" long. Coming off the headpipe they look great and the sound mimics that of an F1 car. So, what was wrong with this idea? Absolutely nothing and in fact the bike runs cooler, has a mean run after 7,000 rpm, gained almost 4mpg on a free run and has no flatspots, glitches or malfunctions of any kind. Now having gone the last 14,000 plus miles this way the plugs read good and it cost me a whole $48.00. So, if you live in an area like I do where freedom still means free open that thing up and set it free too because this bike turns heads and not from noise, from just sounding flat mean.......

post-128926-1305424045.jpg

I searched and searched for an exhaust for my 2003 XX and said forget this. I wasn't willing to spend the kind of money manufacturers wanted to get what I considered sound that was simply just that same old sportbike sound and to what real advantage? So, just by chance I ran across a You Tube video of a guy in Europe that extended the stock headpipe and ran the exhaust unbaffled and totally open. Hmmmmmm, there it was, an XX that was alive with a sound unique to itself much like the bike. I didn't like the way it was done but I had to have that sound. In doing a bit of research I located two resinators that weigh very litte and they are only 6" long. Coming off the headpipe they look great and the sound mimics that of an F1 car. So, what was wrong with this idea? Absolutely nothing and in fact the bike runs cooler, has a mean run after 7,000 rpm, gained almost 4mpg on a free run and has no flatspots, glitches or malfunctions of any kind. Now having gone the last 14,000 plus miles this way the plugs read good and it cost me a whole $48.00. So, if you live in an area like I do where freedom still means free open that thing up and set it free too because this bike turns heads and not from noise, from just sounding flat mean.......

Hmmm...I'd love it hear a sound clip. My D&Ds still sound great but your approach is very interesting.

I can't speak for the slip-ons, but I have had full 2Bros and a Yosh RS3 on my 97. I liked the sound of the Yosh, but the bike liked the 2Bros better. They both had almost identical power readings on the dyno, but I would get better fuel economy with the 2Bros? It was only a couple of miles driving back and forth to work, but it was consistent. Sold the 97 for more than what I had in it and bought another 97 with a full Akra and really liked that pipe until a buddy totaled her out for me. I bought my 03 last year and she was equipped with a Ti Force. The craftsmanship is second to none. Tone is relatively low, but once you bring on the RPM's it's all business.

very very cool sleeper!!!!!! haven't thought of that but i like it!!!!!!! i may have a set of leo vince for sale very soon!!!!!!!! what kind of resonators did you use??

I bought my 03 last year and she was equipped with a Ti Force. The craftsmanship is second to none. Tone is relatively low, but once you bring on the RPM's it's all business.

+1 on the tiforce

Business for you, pleasure for me. The Tiforce is relatively stealthy until you crack it, and that ear to ear grin appears.

• 3 weeks later...
very very cool sleeper!!!!!! haven't thought of that but i like it!!!!!!! i may have a set of leo vince for sale very soon!!!!!!!! what kind of resonators did you use??

Can't remember who makes them but I got them at Pep Boys in the exhaust section. They are made for foreign cars. There is one on either side.

post-128926-1307493404.jpg

post-128926-1307493443.jpg