CBR1100XX.org Forum

Noteworthy points to remember....

Zero Knievel

1. If you put some oil in each cylinder to do a compression test. DO NOT panic when you start the bike up for the first time and smoke pours out the exhaust.

2. When changing oil, a shot or two of brake parts cleaner on the oil pan and bolt after you get it back together makes cleaning the oil drippings off the motor a breeze.

1. If you put some oil in each cylinder to do a compression test. DO NOT panic when you start the bike up for the first time and smoke pours out the exhaust.

2. When changing oil, a shot or two of brake parts cleaner on the oil pan and bolt after you get it back together makes cleaning the oil drippings off the motor a breeze.

WD-40 works great for cleaning the oil off the pan and bolt as well!

Drain oil on Monday and leave pan there till Friday.

This way all oil in and on motor will have dripped into pan.

Replace plug and fill with oil.

I do that sometimes but always put the oil filter box on the seat or something to remind me that there is no oil in motor.

Drain oil on Monday and leave pan there till Friday.

This way all oil in and on motor will have dripped into pan.

Replace plug and fill with oil.

Doesn't work too well when your bike is stored where the dog sleeps. Don't need him nosing around chemicals.

You make your poor dog sleep in the garage? :icon_surprised:

Darn straight. He's an outdoor dog. Long haired too. No way he gets to come indoors for any length of time. Likes to shed and slobber on everything.

If I ever get another dog, it'll be short-haired and much smaller.

Darn straight. He's an outdoor dog. Long haired too. No way he gets to come indoors for any length of time. Likes to shed and slobber on everything.

Why do you even have a dog if you don't want him around? You sound like a guy who would like a cat, not that there's anything wrong with that. :icon_whistle:

Why do you even have a dog if you don't want him around? You sound like a guy who would like a cat, not that there's anything wrong with that. :icon_whistle:

1. Dog was an adopted stray. Not the type of dog I would normally choose to have.

2. Longer hair and being outdoors a lot = lots of dust and dander that sets off my allergies.

Hell, I got 3 dogs that have never been indoors. Big old outside dogs. Hairy son of a bitches. Love to see me when I let them out in the morning, walk me to the barn at night. They are not little bitty pussy dogs like our 3 inside dogs.

There only constarints are the barn at night. During the day they have the roam of the county, or at least our little part of it.

Ain't nothing wrong with keeping a dog outdoors. How else you gonna keep deer away?

Edit: pardon the spelling. Ran out of beer this afternoon and have been hitting the Bookers pretty hard.

Ain't nothing wrong with keeping a dog outdoors.

In your opinion, not mine. While your deal sounds somewhat better than most dogs kept outside, I see dogs on a six foot chain with a plastic dog house. They might get some food once a day. No interaction. Sad. Why do these people have a dog and treat it like that. Dogs need a pack either dog or human.

• 2 weeks later...

1. This thread is about maintenance, not family members. I'm sure the dog is fine.

2. Don't weld after using brake clean on the same spot... bad things happen.