CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 4-2-1 D&D Exhaust

Selling the 4-2-1 D&D that I just removed from my '99. The end of the can and full mid-pipe have been coated black, and the PO indicated that the header pipe had been ceramic coated. There is some surface rust on the bottom of the header, and I'm not sure how many years/miles the system had been on the bike. System comes with everything shown in the pics, but I don't have installation instructions. The system was just too loud for my tastes.

Asking $250 plus shipping, o.b.o.

post-55397-1294146799.jpg

post-55397-1294146809.jpg

post-55397-1294146821.jpg

post-55397-1294146832.jpg

post-55397-1294146846.jpg

Came with the bike, so I didn't have much choice at the time. The neighbors really enjoyed it when I would leave at 4:30 in the morning when I was flying back-and-forth to Florida every week. :icon_twisted:

My neighbors love mine. I had a lady neighbor come over to let me know that she could hear me start it up in the morning. I leave home about 5am. She said that she felt it inside her house more than hear it. She really wanted me to do something about it. So I told her that in the morning when I leave and in the evening when I come home I idle it out of and back in the neighborhood. She seemed quite skeptical until I let her twist the throttle a couple of times. She didn't seem very appreciative of my compassionate behavior but did seem resolved to make the most of a situation that could be much worse. :icon_evilgrin:

It was fun to see her jump when she revved it the first time.....

Ah..the gentle burble a triple 2 stroke. Sounds like caged armageddon just trying to break out.

I've been flirting with the idea of selling the Vstar 650 and replacing it with a project bike. One of the candidates is a RD400 or RD350. Not in the same league as the trip kawi but still.....a smoker none the less.

• 2 weeks later...