CBR1100XX.org Forum

Shinko tire?

MiDNiTXX

Anyone have any experience with the Shinko R003RR?

http://www.shinkotire.co.kr/product/em_radial.htm

and

http://www.leesperformance.com/shopping/pr...php?prod=R003RR

Lee's (second link) recommended this tire. The one on the page is a 190 but I would be using a 180. They say this tire is flatter for more contact on the straights but obviously worse in the corners. That makes me a little nervous.

I usually drive around town between home and work and cruise in the evenings with friends. My wife and I make the occassional (only 2 this year) trip but I hope next year to do a bit more. I'm not a canyon carver, an accident on my old bike still has me too nervous to be aggressive in turns.

From the SHINKO website....

SHINKO R003RR 190/50ZR17 RADIAL THE NEAR SLICK DIMPLE DESIGN HAS REMAINED POPULAR WITH DRAG RACERS,PRODUCTION RACERS AND THE SERIUOS SPORTS RIDER. COMPOUNDED FOR RAPID WARMUP FOR SLICK LIKE PERFORMANCE

Looks like Harry wrote the ad ???

Credit for that one will probably have to go to the Tarheels...at least the Koreans spelled it correctly in their advertisement. Seriously, the way the Koreans are coming on, the brand may be a force in the industry in a few years.

I don't think I'm kidding :) I want a tire that will stick good (turbo), so obviously the standard Avon 46 is out. The Dunlop 208 "sounds" good in reviews. So does the Bridgestone BT 012SS. But do they have enough stick?

I have no experience in this...

I don't think I'm kidding :) I want a tire that will stick good (turbo), so obviously the standard Avon 46 is out.

I have had a hard time breaking my 46 loose, but I haven't pushed it REAL hard in the turns. In a straight line it sticks just fine under the hardest acceleration I can put into it. Am I missing something?

I have had a hard time breaking my 46 loose, but I haven't pushed it REAL hard in the turns. In a straight line it sticks just fine under the hardest acceleration I can put into it. Am I missing something?

Maybe not, maybe I am just over-thinking this :) This will be for a ~220hp bird, think it will hold up?