CBR1100XX.org Forum

28 mpg us gallon

nybryan

Ok, i run low gears and am often at red line and frequent blasts into triple digits. Crooked county roads around me sounds lots of full throttle up and down the gearbox. probally a dirty air filter as the bike has 12k miles on it. fuel injected 2002 version stock pipes no power commander. Does that sound like something is wrong with the bike for a ham fisted rider. short rides of around fourty miles recently. Bike feels like its running well.

Not sure what you are asking...

28MPG riding like you stole it would be good millage..

Thats what i was asking. Thanks just wanted to make sure everything was right. I guess if you want to play you have to pay. I better not get a turbo i think fuel would get down to around ten miles to the US gallon

Not sure what you are asking...

28MPG riding like you stole it would be good millage..

Seems a little high :icon_confused: I get ~30mpg riding hard most of the time on my 98 carbed XX, was getting ~35mpg when I first got it :icon_think:

That is speedo corrected though for the current mileage and I have gone 2 up on the rear cog so it uses a bit more fuel at highway speeds :icon_surprised:

Steady is the trick to good fuel mileage. I did a long cruise at 80mph and got 40mpg measured with a gps.

Every time you hit the brakes that is energy wasted. Blast at full throttle then brake you could burn 2 gallons in a 40 mile ride => 20mpg.

How much fuel do you track boys go through?

Steady is the trick to good fuel mileage. I did a long cruise at 80mph and got 40mpg measured with a gps.

Every time you hit the brakes that is energy wasted. Blast at full throttle then brake you could burn 2 gallons in a 40 mile ride => 20mpg.

How much fuel do you track boys go through?

I did two track days that totaled about 230 miles and used about 12-13 gallons.

• 4 weeks later...

yep sounds about right...she'll take off like a cat shot in the butt with a pellet rifle but the gas mileage is going to considerably drop!

Make sure and keep your air filter clean!!! I have a k&N that I clean usually with every oil change as a habit...these birds suck a LOT of air and need it.

Also make sure to have your chain within specs and tires up to pressure as they will also greatly effect your gas mileage.

On the highway I can usually pull 38-40mpg...in the city to redline I can go down to 25-28mpg easy ;)

21 litres for 240 km ,, lets see ,,divide by ,, add , multiply, carry the 3 ,,,

yep ,, 27mpg ,, thats what i get on an average day ,,,gets worse if I give er.

01 FI with a k&N ,, just put a 4-1 on it , don't know yet what difference it makes economy wise ,, but shag my brown dog if it isn't a lot quicker.

I go riding every sunday morning and am pretty agressive, the ride is around 90-110 miles depending on what route I go. Its all twisties and some straight line top outs. I usually get about 135 miles before my light comes on. Now granted I have some work done and the bike is geared down. When I go on a freeway ride I usually get about 160 miles before the light comes on. Figure thats what just over 4 gallons before the light comes on so I get between 34 when riding agressive to 40 mpg when not????