CBR1100XX.org Forum

All Balls

tomek

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

Couple pics of All Ballls front wheel bearings from my XX after about 30k.Never mind there was absolutely nothing wrong with OEMs after 90 K,but I replaced them as a form of preventive maintenance anyway.

I consider AB kits absolute junk,disamal quality, bearings themselves and seals don`t really,well, seal.I had couple of seals that actually were spinning with the axle (spacer),not with the hub.Really funny.

Moral story? If you need wheel bearings get OEMs ( about 100% more expansive) or order quality brand name bearings from a supplier.

Does anyone has uninstalled tapered AB kit for steering stem ? I have to redo those,I need bearing #.I`m going replace AB with parts made out of real steel,not from recycled Spam cans.(a.k.a. All Balls )

You did grease them, right? :icon_twisted:

There's a bearing wholesaler in Addison that deals with the public. Walk in with a number or bearing, walk out with what you need. I bought new wheel bearings for the 14 for about 20% of what the dealer wanted for "Kawasaki" parts. Same bearing, same manufacturer.

Check yellow pages to be honest. If you have a bearing number any place that sells them and worth anything should be able to cross them for you and get a good replacement. I started doing this a long time ago with the restorations on old muscle cars. It's a bit of a pain but more times than not a i saved at least 50% per item.

I have a new, uninstalled set of All Balls TB steering head bearings that I will sell cheap. I can send them as soon as I can get to my local bearing supplier and match them up with some quality bearings. :icon_whistle:

Seriously, I have had a set of these in my street going BB for about 10K now and it feels like there is a notch in the center. Makes it a real bitch to keep the bike going straight and not weave from line to line.

In case anyone missed it (doubtful), I also think All Balls bearings are crap! :icon_mad:

I have a new, uninstalled set of All Balls TB steering head bearings that I will sell cheap. I can send them as soon as I can get to my local bearing supplier and match them up with some quality bearings. :icon_whistle:

Seriously, I have had a set of these in my street going BB for about 10K now and it feels like there is a notch in the center. Makes it a real bitch to keep the bike going straight and not weave from line to line.

In case anyone missed it (doubtful), I also think All Balls bearings are crap! :icon_mad:

So,,,,,,,,, do you have those bearing # for tapered kit ?

C`mon people,someone has to have unused AB kit for the steering head ,,,,,,,,,

Partsguy that I am,one day I ordered a set of AB wheel bearings for a customer I knew well,the bearings were notchy right out of the package.I always figured they were cheap products based on the price.I will only sell them if customers ask for cheap bearings.Matching them up at a bearing shop is the best way to go.Sometimes stock ones aren't too pricey tho...generally speaking.

I sent the bearings back btw.

So,,,,,,,,, do you have those bearing # for tapered kit ?

C`mon people,someone has to have unused AB kit for the steering head ,,,,,,,,,

I will pull the package out tonight when I get home and PM you with the #'s.

OK......

All Balls full kit part number is #22-1020

Large Bearing: P/N #32006X Brand appears to be KML. Seal #33-1003

Measurements: 1.178" inside, 2.163" outside, .510" outer race thickness.

Small Bearing: P/N #32005XR/26 Seal number #33-1001

Measurements: 1.020" inside, 1.848" outside, .450" outer race thickness.

No other numbers were present.

I've got their tapered steering head bearings in my XX and don't have a problem with them at all.. they've been there for almost 50k miles. HUGE improvement over the stockers.

Al, could you get something similar to those, too? I'd put them on the Cyclefarkle site and stock them.

I've got their tapered steering head bearings in my XX and don't have a problem with them at all.. they've been there for almost 50k miles. HUGE improvement over the stockers.

Al, could you get something similar to those, too? I'd put them on the Cyclefarkle site and stock them.

Let me see what I can do.

Worse case scenario, I will order a set and send them to Timken or one of my other suppliers to match them up.

I too need to replace my wheel bearings and steering stem bearings. I was ready to buy a set of the All Balls tapered steering stem bearings, but now you have me on hold with this thread.....

I don't have the shop space to tear my bike down and let it sit there until I have time to get to the local bearing supply warehouse (30 miles away). So I'll wait until someone here graciously posts a good Make, model, and part number, and then call and order them.

As for the wheel bearings... I was just going to buy the OE units... unless someone has a proven better product and source.

Let me see what I can do.

Worse case scenario, I will order a set and send them to Timken or one of my other suppliers to match them up.

Al, that would be awesome! The "Universal Numbers" below are in (Parenthesis)

The Front Wheel Bearings are:

91052-MBR-003 BEARING (6204) (Qty 2)

91252-MC4-013 OIL SEAL (28X47.2X7) (Qty 2)

Rear Wheel Bearings:

91053-MM5-004 BEARING (6304UU) (Qty 2)

91253-442-003 DUST SEAL (30X52X7) (Qty 1)

And in the Sprocket carrier assembly:

91051-MAT-003 BEARING (6305UU) (Qty 1)

90753-MG5-670 OIL SEAL (34X62.2X7) (Qty 1)

The Steering head bearings don't have any numbers or info about them on Ron Ayer's site. If you want, I can order the All Balls tapered version for you, no point in you having to front the expense on this one. Just let me know.

I'd be interested in stocking a few sets, based on (of course) what it costs me up front to inventory them. PM me an let me know what my cost would be, and we'll discuss how we can set up ordering/etc.

Fronts are 6204-2rs on FI bikes.

6204 describes dimension of the bearing,2rs-sealed on both sides.

Thanks Josh and Tomek!

OK......

Just curious, are there any numbers/manufacturer's name stamped on the seals themselves?

Also, where did you buy them from?

I think I have most of the bearings interchanged to a premium Timken brand, although, I am having a little bit of trouble with the seals.

I will probably order a set, just to make sure.

Are you F'N Kidding me? I just got around to replacing mine with the Balls. Please put me down for a replacement set for a Non FI bird... 1997 the original.

We have enough to get a group buy going and get a deal?

OK......

Just curious, are there any numbers/manufacturer's name stamped on the seals themselves?

Also, where did you buy them from?

I think I have most of the bearings interchanged to a premium Timken brand, although, I am having a little bit of trouble with the seals.

I will probably order a set, just to make sure.

The seals have no markings or numbers at all. The ones I listed above were printed on the plastic package.

I have no idea where i bought them from. I bought two sets about four years ago and just never got around to putting the second one in the drag bike.