CBR1100XX.org Forum

Is this swingarm bad now?

MiDNiTXX

I was going to get my swingarm chromed so I had the Honda shop remove the bearings for me. I couldn't pick it up from the shop because work held me over, so my wife picked them up. So...when I get home I find my swingarm has some nasty gouges(sp?) from the imbeciles at the shop.

Now I am exchanging my swingarm for an extended one, but I don't want to drive the 3hrs to pick it up if no one thinks that my swingarm is still in usable shape. Attached are some photos. Apparently my camera is dying and is having a hard time focusing :)

BTW, all the "dirt" you see in the shaft...thats aluminum shavings.

swingarm1.jpg

swingarm2.jpg

swingarm3.jpg

swingarm4.jpg

Yes, I have the swingarm in the car today and I am definitely going to talk to the service manager.

So you don't think I will have any problem exchanging my swingarm? I'm nervous the shop wont take it. Or is there any prep I should do to it before taking it in? I thought about using a small polishing wheel to make it less noticeable.

These are the same guys who ruined my rear tire when unmounting it. They sliced right into the sealing edge with SOMETHING, now it wont seal. Yippe!

Midnite........you're not a "slow learner," are you? :razz:

Unfortunately this was all done in one trip to the shop, so I had no time to learn :burn:

I have already paid for the extended arm and am waiting for them to get it back from teh chromer, so I am already committed in the exchange. The new swingarm is 0-6", so I may or may not actually extend it after I ride it.

Thanks for the info Joe, I may hit it with the polishing wheel to see if it looks any better...I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers they take it as trade. Unless you have one you'll sell me cheap :)

Sure......after all the money you've shown us you have.....what's a couple hundred bucks...... :razz: :wink:

lol, the money I HAD :) Quite literally I will be scrounging for funds to get it tuned after I install it. And of course the unplanned tire has already spoiled my limited budget, and if I have to get a used swingarm just to be able to exchange...ugh.

What shop in town was that Performance ?

Team Charlotte Motorsports/Charlotte Honda on Freedom Dr.

Now before they merged buildings I had great service from Team Charlotte Motorsports, which was a Kawa shop and I knew the service manager, but now that they combined service departments I don't know whats going on in there.