CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: Generator

I'm looking for a generator capable of both 110 and 220 output. If you're upgrading or have a spare, I'm interested...particularly if you are attending NeXXT or near someone who is. I have a smaller 110 generator and its time for me to upgrade as well.

Thanks!

How about a brand new, electric start Robin/Subaru industrial 4100 watt unit?

It's the last generator you'll even need.

In your interested Joe, PM me and we'll talk.

Mmmm, whatcha gonna do with the old 110 unit?

Somebody wants to power his tire warmers....

Yea, Joe... whatcha gonna do with the older 110 unit?

I have limited space in my car, I might could fit something in on my way out to/from NeXXt......

I'm looking for a generator capable of both 110 and 220 output. If you're upgrading or have a spare, I'm interested...particularly if you are attending NeXXT or near someone who is. I have a smaller 110 generator and its time for me to upgrade as well.

Thanks!

Thats a really nice unit. If that is your only generator I can't recommend highly enough that you keep it unless you are planning on getting a bigger one. Just ask anyone who has been without power for a few days how fucked you can be if you didn't plan ahead.

Thanks!

How much are these units? I do not want to call them, personal reasons....

Thanks!

+1 but, nothing personal

Thanks!

I'm not sure how much they're selling them for but Robin/Subaru claims about $2000 for the 4100 watt, electric start model.

They're built crazy tough and are rated for somewhere in the 80%-90% duty cycle range. That's very impressive for an air cooled gasoline generator.

BTW, mine is almost new but it's much cheaper than $2000. :icon_shocked:

$2,000 for a non-inverter 3600 watt generator (without electric start)? Keep in mind that even though the unit is rated at 4,100 watts that is peak voltage, not sustained.

If you are gping to drop that kind of cash I would consider one of the Honda EU class generators that are quiter, have electric start and have inverters to provide clean power for electronics. I believe Yahama offers a 3k watt inverter generator as well.

I've had an EU3000 for ten years that ran non-stop during several hurricanes (includign 14 days straight with IKE) and every track weekend (running trailer A/C and tire warmers) and has never failed to start. I'm thinking of picking up the updated EU3000 since it's smaller/lighter and has wheels/handle standard. Only downside is the new one is pull start only (to reduce size and weight).

EU3000iHAN_250x250.jpg

For hurricane duty, we also have a 6500 watt generator ($600 Homelite) that we use during hurricanes to power everything that can handle questionable power quality (portable A/C, lights, refrigerators, freezers, etc) although you need to be careful with newer refrigerators with electronic controls. The EU3000 is used to power all the electronics (TV's, DVD, satellite, computers).

+1 on the Honda. We use the crap out of 3000si's at work and they are QUIET, reliable, and start with the turn of the key. About 12 hours on a fillup.

Kinda heavy to pick up, but if I were buying a generator, it would be that one.

When you hunt for a generator you need to make a choice between two primary values. Quiet, or inexpensive. You can't have both, or it would outsell every generator on the market.

Mine is a Champion that is quieter than a lawn mower, but that's about it. It however was cheap, works wonderful, has an inverter and does 220 and was about 450 dollars I beleive. I'll be bringing it along if Joe doesn't have one by then for neXXt.

I got into the whole Quiet arguement on the RV boards but common sense and wallet won out and I picked it up. Cheap enough, quiet enough not to piss off the neighbours. Best of both worlds for me anyway.

When you hunt for a generator you need to make a choice between two primary values. Quiet, or inexpensive. You can't have both, or it would outsell every generator on the market.

Mine is a Champion that is quieter than a lawn mower, but that's about it. It however was cheap, works wonderful, has an inverter and does 220 and was about 450 dollars I beleive. I'll be bringing it along if Joe doesn't have one by then for neXXt.

I got into the whole Quiet arguement on the RV boards but common sense and wallet won out and I picked it up. Cheap enough, quiet enough not to piss off the neighbours. Best of both worlds for me anyway.

Try welding up one of your stock XX cans to the exhaust. I always wanted to try that with my Powermate. That thing is fking LOUD!!!

+1 on the Honda. We use the crap out of 3000si's at work and they are QUIET, reliable, and start with the turn of the key. About 12 hours on a fillup.

Kinda heavy to pick up, but if I were buying a generator, it would be that one.

That's what I have and its the last Gen you will ever buy! I put mine on wheels to roll it around easily. Super quiet, starts with a flick of the key and powers anything and everything you need in the house during outages.

Last season when a hurricane knocked power out we could hear every damn generator in the neighborhood running, except ours!

ative Power Systems | Portable Generators

Cummins Onan HomeSite™ 5450e Portable Generator Enlarge

< Previous Product | Next Product >

Cummins Onan HomeSite™ 5450e

Portable Generator

Includes Wheel Kit

Item # 365154

Be the first to write a review. Share this Product: Facebook Digg DelIcioUs Twitter

$999.99

post-1425-1251478758.jpg

costco ad, there is a $200 discount till Sept 4th . Includes delivery.

From another forum:

>>>>> so I bought a new Cummins/Onan 5450E (5,000 watts continuous)model. Pretty much the same as the 6500. Did a FINE job indeed. The engine is actually a Honda with Cummins paint & sticky. Operated like a champ! 24hrs running & it burned only 10 gallons gasoline.