CBR1100XX.org Forum

backsplash, floor, lights and pantry

BDAZ XX

Here's a quicky I knocked out last week for some friends of ours. They purchased a new condo last september and hated the fact that the builder would not do some upgrades for them. Bad for him, good for me! :icon_biggrin:

Pantry was installed a few weeks ago, I just had time to finish off the lights, light rail on the cabinets and tile work last week while the clients were gone for 5 days. I need to touch up around the lights still............

113871245.jpg113871249.jpg

I installed a new sink and faucet in april for them to.

large.jpg

Thanks guys!

I couldn't believe the build quality of these new places. Its terrible and when you see all the mexicans building them, you can understand why. Cheap products, shoddy build quality, there is no storage at all in them. The next door nieghbor wants me to build custom shelving units for storage and another wants lights in theres. Half the residence are older with money and the other half are young first timers and all are wanting to upgrade thier homes. I have had some very good response to my work there so far.

I have a virtual gold mine with these condos. Every one of them are the same and there is about 60 to 70 of them. :icon_evilgrin::icon_biggrin:

The lights and the tile make a huge difference.

I kinda like the tile. I'm still in need of backsplash material. What can you tell me about it?

I hear Byrdman knows his tile.

:icon_whistle:

The lights and the tile make a huge difference.

I kinda like the tile. I'm still in need of backsplash material. What can you tell me about it?

Todd its a limestone matted 12x12 tile from Lowes. Preatty easy to install. The time consuming part is useing tube grout to grout the backsplash. Normal grout you spread with a trowel and drag the grout out of the lines. Bad part about doing this on limestone is it fills in all the little holes and irregularities. You loose the holey, stoney look of the tile. This stuff is similar to caulk where you squeeze it into the lines using a caulking gun and use your finger to pull the exessive grout out of the line. Its very very time consuming but with limestone tile it leaves the tile in its natural state. Looks really nice when its done too.