CBR1100XX.org Forum

Current exhaust options

BillL

Hi, new member here. I've just purchased a 2003 model and am looking for currently-available slip-on exhaust options. I've seen....

3 Bros

D&D

Yosh

What else is out there?

At the moment, I prefer the 3 Bros M series. Not sure about the size, 3 or 5. Anyone with experience or pics, input appreciated.

Bill

Hi, new member here. I've just purchased a 2003 model and am looking for currently-available slip-on exhaust options. I've seen....

3 Bros

D&D

Yosh

What else is out there?

At the moment, I prefer the 3 Bros M series. Not sure about the size, 3 or 5. Anyone with experience or pics, input appreciated.

Bill

I've got Scorpions. I love them. They sound mean as hell and are not obnoxiously loud either....just perfect! And the only brand I know of that never need repacking. :icon_biggrin:

I have a set of microns that have no packing, and a set that does. The ones that don't are race ones. They have a perf tube and then a mesh, and then a screen.. the street ones have a perf, and screen and then packing.

yeah, I packed them...

Im running a Delkevic header with two brothers M5 VALE slip ons and it sounds great ad HUGE HP gains after dyno tuning!!!

I like my 4-2-1 Hindle with the 20" can, but I only have the stock exhaust system to compare it to. The Hindle is very light and makes nice music.

It's probably hard to go wrong with any of the name brand systems. Buy the one you get the best deal on.

I'm going to pick up a set of these soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CBR11...#ht_1158wt_1391

I went cheap and got a set of those a couple of months ago, so far so good. I did need to get a center stand stop from cbrxxquad (Stan) to make them work with the centerstand, but they make a nice sound and look good. More info here from myself and Banshee...

Prior Delkevic Post

Thanks for the information. The search is on.

Im running a Delkevic header with two brothers M5 VALE slip ons and it sounds great ad HUGE HP gains after dyno tuning!!!

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of these cans on the bike if you have one.

I have euro compliant Yos. Can't remember the exact yadayada MSRXYZT whatever.... Just enough bark but not too obnoxious..... I don't think. Those Delkevic look pretty dam good quality to me.......

I got a sound level meter & measured my 450mm Ti Delkevics at the specified distance & angle. Even without the baffle, they came in at 2dB under the limit, (92 under 94) at 3kRPM. With the baffle I measured 89dB. OEM were around 82dB.

Down here, most people are ordering from US & paying the shipping for Yoshis as the budget option, since they are ~$1200+AUD but you can get them shipped from the States for <$900AUD. These cost me $785AUD local. :)

If I had had the cash, I would have preferred the TBR CF, but that was not to be.

The really nice thing is, the OEM cans with cat were going this nice light straw colour, so it was hitting 290C - 340C. They came off & '98 non cats went on. Still couldn't toch them after a ride though. On with the Delkevics and with baffle in, I could touch them for ~1/2 sec before "ouch!" With baffle out, after a ride, I can leave my hand on the can. It feels hot, but not enough to burn. With 3 kids under 10 (1 under 3), who often come up to see me as I get home from work, it is good to know they are that much less likely to need to be taken to the Burns Unit... Doesn't matter how many time you say, keep back, it's hot...

Web research thus far...

D&D appears to have discontinued a product for the bird.

Yosh has the RS-3 style in 3 surface materials. Somewhere recently, can't remember where, I read that some folks were concerned about declining quality in the Yoshimura products. Can any of you consumers validate this?

Micron seems to have a wide variety of materials and finishes. However, it looks like just another flat-ended cylinder. To listen to their sales pitch, they are the best of the best in all aspects, design, material choices and assembly. Some of their points seem valid. Can any of you consumers validate this?

Hindle appears to have discontinued a product for the bird.

Scorpion looks to have one product for the bird. Someone above talked about a "GP style" Is that the same as what Scorpion refers to as "Street Extreme"?

Delkevic has a single offering. Doesn't ring any bells for mean as far as appearance is concerned.

I have left Two Brothers for last because that seems to be where I lean at the moment. How come nobody raked me over the coals for referring to them as "3 Bros" in my initial post? Just because I'm the FNG? I'll take it as this is a civilized community. :icon_smile:

There is something about the look of the Two Brothers M series that I just like. It's the look of the cast outlet nozzle. I have read in other places that maybe these guys don't build a premium piece. I have also read the opposite. I suppose it can be chalked up to differences in individual experiences. Any wisdom here?

FWIW...Micron is no more....went out of business last year as I recall... :icon_rolleyes:

Micron North America still has a website up. They were the North American distributor. The manufacturer is gone as of last July. They even answered the phone. Apparently, there is "lots" of stock left. Full system less money than a set of slip-ons.

welcome

microns...

+1

Best build quality I've seen, and performance is great.

http://store.micronexhaust.com/index.php?m...odel=CBR-1100XX

Interesting thread ,, My biggest gripe as previously mentioned is people burning themselves on my huge original cans.

I have been thinking of getting the Akrapovic 4-1 system ,, but that Micron full system seems like a real good deal. If I could , I'd be going that way I reckon.

I am limited to what I can hand carry back in here , probably picked up in Oz or Singapore and carried back into Vietnam ,, if i get it sent here they will crucify me on tax, but seem to me hand carry stuff in.

• 1 month later...

I had the Micron CF originally

med_gallery_1231_179_413297.jpg

Really nice rich sound and not too loud.

Now I have a sorta one0ff 2-bros

gallery_1231_179_950.jpg

It scares people when you go by at high R's