CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pair Block Off Mod

Silverbird2

This actually turned out to be one of the better PAIR threads

Good.... So.... What did you do ?

No wait.... Don't Say !

:icon_biggrin:

Well,low emmision regulations for commercial on highway diesel trucks killed fuel economy to the tune of 5-15 %.Price of those trucks increased by good couple of grand too.Those engines run EGR, cat converters,needed new spec oils,dealers need special aparatus to clean exhaust filters.Bigger radiators,longer chassis to find the place of all that crap,etc.

Lesser fuel economy means higher demand,(wonder why diesel is now more expensive then even premium when years ago was cheaper ?),that means more fuel has to be refined,delivered,pumped,etc so at the end those new rules hardly "save environment".

:icon_twisted: Yes, But everybody "FEELS" better about it............

This actually turned out to be one of the better PAIR threads

Good.... So.... What did you do ?

No wait.... Don't Say !

:icon_biggrin:

Well,low emmision regulations for commercial on highway diesel trucks killed fuel economy to the tune of 5-15 %.Price of those trucks increased by good couple of grand too.Those engines run EGR, cat converters,needed new spec oils,dealers need special aparatus to clean exhaust filters.Bigger radiators,longer chassis to find the place of all that crap,etc.

Lesser fuel economy means higher demand,(wonder why diesel is now more expensive then even premium when years ago was cheaper ?),that means more fuel has to be refined,delivered,pumped,etc so at the end those new rules hardly "save environment".

:icon_twisted: Yes, But everybody "FEELS" better about it............

]

Actually I still have it apart hanging by the frame waiting for Dan Kyle Racing to return my forks. It sounds like hooking it back up is the easy answer.

Damn Eric you wake the rooster up this morning??

When did these go into effect? I thought fuel mileage for but big trucks went up over the last 25 years or so.

The most recent set of regs that killed fuel economy took effect in 2004 I think.On older 460 hp N14 Cummins we could get 6.0-6.5 mpg in local,city driving. Later we switched to 475 hp Cummins ISX ( very nice motor BTW),those were new,low emmisions engines,fuel consumption went up big time,barely 5 mpg.

I understand that in interstate driving the difference is much smaller.

Those new motors under the load don`t sound like traditional diesels,they just "hissssssss",they get EGR effect by "artificialy" increasing before turbo back pressure in exhaust.Commercial diesels are high (20-35 psi) boost engines,so exhaust gesses cannot be just be just sucked in into intake.

In any rate,it kills fuel economy.

Pulse secondary Air Injection Reed control system

page 1-51 of the manual

Ha Ha I was taking the Piss as my 98 Aus Spec XX never had PAIR, doesn't even have the holes in the cam cover (although the cast mounting bosses are there) :icon_wink:

Pulse secondary Air Injection Reed control system

page 1-51 of the manual

No wonder I was having such a problem following this thread, I thought these were a pair.

Ok I was thinking those two thingies on the chest of a woman

This is a very interesting thread -- I won't mess with it again.

And where and how and with what does one install pitot tubes in a birds exaust???

That's an interesting idea that I would try.

This is a very interesting thread -- I won't mess with it again.

And where and how and with what does one install pitot tubes in a birds exaust???

That's an interesting idea that I would try.

Well, the pair valve holes in the exhaust may be on an angle that would draw a vacumn. I need to see. But, basicly, in the collector, a pipe is welded in that has a 45' cut on the end, on a 45', with the open end in the center of the pipe collector. Some say open end down stream, and some say down. I prefer down stream. A check valve goes on the pipe. There is EGR valve that is used on some dodge engines that is used.

typical system parts

pic

Good information here Stan. It's been a few years since I installed one of these. The only thing that didn't seem right was that you said: "with the open end in the center of the pipe collector". Per the instructions that you have here, it should only be 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch inward in a car header. Don't mean to nick pick but it may make a difference.

Good information here Stan. It's been a few years since I installed one of these. The only thing that didn't seem right was that you said: "with the open end in the center of the pipe collector". Per the instructions that you have here, it should only be 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch inward in a car header. Don't mean to nick pick but it may make a difference.

There are many variations on technique, and function. Some say there is no benefit when using on street and muffler, what size and orientation. Some have no idea the point is under operation, well normal operation, requires many changes to optimize the function.

Bill grumpy Jenkins, was designing the original one for pro-stock when the small block was king of pro. His book was where I first saw and installed in a race motor that had 100,000 mile rings to get low drag. The only way to make it seal and not smoke like a freight train was to have the crankcase evac system working right. Just for learning, and cause we had lots of spare parts. This was 1979. It ran amazing well and rapped very quick. 7500 rpm with stock stuff. cept big cam heads springs and of course intake and carb. windage tray and pan and a big-block oil pump and made 27 inches vacuum at 7500, but let one of the lines come out and the people behind you would have to stop.

It burned oil of course, but would not smoke.

It died a tragic death. Almost cut the block in half.

Was used for a number of types of racing that year. Scca off road, drag, sand drag, mud drag and street driving in my 57 Willys pickup. Ran 12.80 at 132 in the qtr. with 35 inch mudders and 5 second 100 yards in the sand with paddles..5:38 gears and in low range on the street would pickup the front wheels. Verry cool test.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I did it!

And I feeeeel like it works.. A lot better. Right off the bat. Have not got any other way to prove it's better.

I pluged all the holes in the air box. I tied the breather hose in the valve cover into a tee and connected it into the pair covers with the reeds. Nothing to it.

I will do a LM1 record of the map sensor and compaire to the last download... best I can do.

OK, I did it!

I will do a LM1 record of the map sensor and compare to the last download... best I can do.

How long is this going to take....

.. are you done yet ?

... How about Now ?

Curious minds want to know. :icon_biggrin:

OK, I did it!

I will do a LM1 record of the map sensor and compare to the last download... best I can do.

How long is this going to take....

.. are you done yet ?

... How about Now ?

Curious minds want to know. :icon_biggrin:

Well it ain't gonna be now, but I might push the button this weekend during the ride at Daxx. Will download it when i get back.

How about some pictures to hold you over

post-893-1236307049.jpg

post-893-1236307070.jpg

Damn, forgot to record any,,,Yeah, I know. But, I got distracted, the track deal, well I have to buy new brake pads before I can, now.

But, I will tell you it works better than it did with the blockoffs.

Damn, forgot to record any,,,Yeah, I know. But, I got distracted, the track deal, well I have to buy new brake pads before I can, now.

Ya, ya, ya .......

You know... they say seeing is believing... so....

Prove it !

:icon_twisted:

Ya, ya, ya .......

Prove it !

You could try it and GET A DYNO DONE,,I can't. whine whine.. :icon_naughty:

Ya, ya, ya .......

Prove it !

You could try it and GET A DYNO DONE,,I can't. whine whine.. :icon_naughty:

No No....

I want to see the video and Pics from you guys at the Track. Especially the XXquad on the Track. :icon_evilgrin: