CBR1100XX.org Forum

Repsol edition plastics/fairings NEW

I told you all before I bought a set for my 900RR and my buddy bought a set for his 600RR. from 5 feet they are awesome but its not top quality.

Was talking to a guy on CBRXX.com about these as he and some friends have put them on XX's :icon_surprised:

Originally Posted by Para045

Just a question Drifter but are those your Birds in your avatar and if so is that a set of the flame panels off eBay or a custom job?

If they are the eBay ones how was the fit and finish?

Hi Para,,yes they are both my birds, the old blue is the grunt machine and the 2007 is for touring once I get it all kitted out.

Yes I brought one of the flame sets off eBay for the new bike, I will put aside the original Honda fairings for when I sell her or drop her, which ever comes first, Hmmm.

The fit on the fairings was alright, I had to re drill a lot of the holes because of the amount of paint and lacquer they used closed a lot of the holes up some.

Bolted everything loosely together until I got the fit right then tightened everything up,just waiting on the newly painted tank to come back to try it all out on the highway.

You well have to use the clips off your old fairings and a couple extra plastic clips but I had no problems at all.

.Cheers,Kim

That's interesting to know as quite a few of the fairings on my 98 have small cracks (ducktail bolt holes etc)

Also the nose cone has been resprayed with a rattle can by the PO and the RH lower is scratched and to buy new TITANIUM fairings would cost a fortune.

The only other alternative is to get them plastic welded and respray with new decals.

Will have to send them an email and query how close the paint match is on the TITANIUM looking ones.

I am guessing they are made on the FI bikes pattern so there would need to be some fiddling to get the front vent grill etc to mount up correctly.

For the price of those I could get maybe the ducktail and decals OEM new

Thanks,

Craig.

Hi Craig, The fairings should fit all years including the carb models, the flame set I brought actually had the carb stickers on the seat cowl and I brought the FI stickers to cover them.

I are more than happy with the paint job and I guess the only other question that needs answering is the type of ABS plastic they use now days, the old fairings that come out of China 10 years ago was to stiff and with vibration of the bikes it cracked alot after a few years but after handling this set and talking with 4 others that brought from the same guy on eBay every one is happy so far. I brought mine and got it home for under $900Kiwi.

I would not waste my money fixing the old fairings, the cost to bring them back to new you could buy 2 sets off eBay, my opinion, Cheers

Thanks for that mate

Did the other 4 guys get the same colours as yours or were they std colours?

Good to hear they should fit the carbed BB's without too much drama.

I am thinking the same about the old fairings as by the time I get them repaired and resprayed it would be more expensive than these eBay fairings although a lot cheaper than new OEM.

Thanks,

Craig

One thing I should tell you us shipping from Hong Kong is slow, mine took 6 weeks to get here,

Cheers,Kim