CBR1100XX.org Forum

97 CBR1100XX for sale

All right 1997 CBR1100XX with less than 12K miles. Currently in a status of being repaired from being dumped by a local shop after dyno tuning the moron took it out for a test ride. Extent of damage is as follows, all parts have been ordered for replacement, and all pannels will very shortly be finished from touch up so you will never see any damamge. Full story with the crash is the mechanic whipped a u turn but was going too slow and fell over in the left hand side. Bike has just about any and every mod you can think of. 155HP with 84 Ft-lbs of torque. Never raced always well mantained. I have a bazzillion pictures if you are interested email me. cbr_bear@yahoo.com List of parts as follows (may consider parting out if interested-

Ohlins forks

ohlins shock

scotts/ohlins steering damper with brg mount

dymag 3 spoke carbon fiber wheels

abe petal front rotors w galfter rear wave rotor

de linked brakes with all ss lines, rc51 front calipers (also have some 6 pot that should work) rc51 clutch and brack master cylinders with pazzo levers

gilles rear sets, passenger pegs, vario bars with risers

carbon fiber gage pannel, inner fairing pannels, inner v pannel, front fender, rear hugger, frame covers, engine covers, windscreen trim, aero mirrors, heel guards, undertail, license plate bracket

corbin beetle bags, corbin gun fighter with lady and back rest (carbon weave pattern), corbin smuggler

factory pro ti jet kit, ignition advancer, evo shift kit, barnett clutch kit, two brothers M5 VALE carbon canisters with delkevic header, ss oil cooler lines,

tons and tons of stuff im tired of listing. Again if anyone is interested email me cbr_bear@yahoo.com

Asking price more than 10 so if you wouldnt consider buying a used bike for more than 10k dont bother! Shes a beaut and been very well taken care of! attached are the pictures of the damage to the bike from the mechanic dropping it. All parts have been ordered and will be replaced or will be provided with the bike if the new owner wants to save a little bit of dough. No low ballers, tire kickers, wheelie poppers, endo riders, shit talkers, and dreamers.

post-4262-1218760852.jpg

post-4262-1218760864.jpg

post-4262-1218760880.jpg

post-4262-1218760908.jpg

post-4262-1218760926.jpg

post-4262-1218760961.jpg

post-4262-1218760978.jpg

nice looking bike. might as well keep it... it is after all your baby.

i would've kicked the mechanic in the nuts. how stupid.

I'd like to look at it if you do decide to part it out some. :icon_cool:

What parts are you interested in?

nice looking bike. might as well keep it... it is after all your baby.

i would've kicked the mechanic in the nuts. how stupid.

yeah I was pretty stupid... but end result I need to get rid of the bke. I orriginally bought it because I always wanted one after having several CBR1000F's and for long rides with the wife on back its just not big enough. She is tall and its not comfortable for her after a few hours of riding. Looking to get into something with more passenger leg room without having to buy a goldwing. I have about 30K into it and there is nothing wrong with the bike just some minor cosmetic damage that all parts have been ordered for replacement and all pannels are at the painter for repair so it will be beautiful blemish free once again!

Honestly I am open to anything but the pictures don't do it justice, I'm sure seeing it in person would definitely get my mind running with idea's. :icon_surprised:

Honestly I am open to anything but the pictures don't do it justice, I'm sure seeing it in person would definitely get my mind running with idea's. :icon_surprised:

Will, I live in san diego and the bike is rideable. If you are interested I could ride it up or you could stop on by!

I can't believe I am reading this,,,This week is just full of sadness...

Its not sadness I had to look at it like this.... the XX is easily replaceable/rebuildable and owned out right and the wife and I are pretty hot and heavy into house buying and it would make things a little nicer to have an extra 10K laying around. I thought about selling my two ducatis and that would give me the same $$ but neither of those are replaceable or rebuildable plus the fact that the XX just dont do it for us like I would like it to. I am fine for long rides but my wife just doesnt have the leg room she would like. There is an easy fix I could get some extensions made so her legs are more outside but right now a house is more a priority and the market has started an upswing here and if we dont get in, we wont be able to afford the type of house we want for much longer.

Will, I live in san diego and the bike is rideable. If you are interested I could ride it up or you could stop on by!

Sounds like a plan. :icon_biggrin: Send me some details like where and when, I wouldn't mind taking a ride down by you.

Sounds like a plan. :icon_biggrin: Send me some details like where and when, I wouldn't mind taking a ride down by you.

Honestly during the week I am pretty busy as I work from 8am till at least 6pm daily.. weekends are best for me. I can ride it up to my work in Escondido if you want to look at it during the weekday sometime

Honestly during the week I am pretty busy as I work from 8am till at least 6pm daily.. weekends are best for me. I can ride it up to my work in Escondido if you want to look at it during the weekday sometime

That would work, let me know what day and where, I am off after 2pm Mon-Fri and could swing by real easy.

That would work, let me know what day and where, I am off after 2pm Mon-Fri and could swing by real easy.

Well today is out, and friday is definately out so lets try wed or thurs.

It is horrible to see your bike scraped up! Do you have pics of the fram covers? Not sure I've ever seen such a thing.

Sorry I didnt answer this earlier. The frame covers are just carbon fiber pieces that go below the seat on the frame... its just a carbon fiber triangle with a lip and its siliconed to the frame. www.spiralspinner.com has them under bodywork and a-tech

It is horrible to see your bike scraped up! Do you have pics of the fram covers? Not sure I've ever seen such a thing.

Sorry I didnt answer this earlier. The frame covers are just carbon fiber pieces that go below the seat on the frame... its just a carbon fiber triangle with a lip and its siliconed to the frame. www.spiralspinner.com has them under bodywork and a-tech

WOW! I've been hangin' out over on the 14 board. I always joked about buying this bike of course I can't afford it. Absolutely hate to see you giving this up after you did those gold forks and all. What are you replacing her with? If you're thinking 14, I know probably not, there may be some takers to trade one to get back on a bird?

WOW! I've been hangin' out over on the 14 board. I always joked about buying this bike of course I can't afford it. Absolutely hate to see you giving this up after you did those gold forks and all. What are you replacing her with? If you're thinking 14, I know probably not, there may be some takers to trade one to get back on a bird?

Took you long enough to reply.... I am not hard up to sell it just playing to see which of my bikes will get me a decent offer!

Thanks for the answer, I was beginning to get a complex. :icon_redface:

Gonna check the link, thanks again. :icon_biggrin:

Good luck with the sale, a very insanely gorgeous bike, :icon_evilgrin:

Schweet! I really like the color.

What fasteners do you have on the cowls? Would like to do that to mine....can you advise?

They are dzus fastners I got from gsxrkurvygirl on ebay I think 10 bucks for a 6 pack.