CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bar end removal question...

ElChingonCabron

Okay, so I'm trying to install a throttlemeister and need to remove the bar ends. Right side was cake but the left is like WTF?!?! I pushed on the metal tab per the service manual and the damn metal ring clip came out but not the rest of the internals! So how the hell do I get that sucker out of there?!? Already feeling like a dumbass....who here has the obvious answer for me to feel even more like an idiot? :fingers:

Thanks!

Sanch

What I did when I put my Barender locks on was to take two small flat head screw drivers and slowly work it out a little at a time. The internals have two rubber grommets that hold it in., as you prolly saw on the other one. When its out far enough, pliers time

You call me up, say you are ready for your screen that's been in my car for 3 weeks, want to clean my "dirty hole" as you like to call it, and I'll take a look at the bike. :)

Alan

I've long since stopped worring about how people on this board can take things..hehe

I used a lubricant like wd40 etc. Then pulled with needlenose pliers. I just cleaned it off before re-insertion.

That's so ripe for misinterpretation..

:lol:

Hey  Alan, if Sanch doesn't want the higher factory screen I'll take it!! :lol:  :lol:

HAH....I still want it, just need to hook up with him...he's too busy diving rather than riding that we haven't hooked up yet!

Thanks to all for the sound advice....got the bastard out and TM installed...kick ass!!! Put on some new grips also :cool:

VERY gay? You mean there are levels? And I though you were more of a vise grip guy, so you can just lock em and leave em...

zzgay.gif

We already know Mikey is VERY GAY !

Those same needle nose pliers were used to tweak my testies just last month.   :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
My Throttlemeister came with a "tool" to remove the internal bar weight on the throttle side.  Popping it out with that was a piece of cake.

Having just put my Throttlemeister on today, mine came with the same metal 'tool' or shaft to help pull the weight out of the throttle side. The other (left) side you just unscrew the end, put the new end on. (ie: Dont try to pull the stuff out from the bar)

I absolutely love it. I did have to cut off the end of the grip though as they were just a tad too long.