CBR1100XX.org Forum

How much?

01xxallen

I was at Wal-Mart and I walked past a pallet of Sea Foam. I remember everyone raving about it so I picked up a can (about $5.80). How much do you put in? The whole can per tank? Follow instructions on the can?

I did a search but it gives me 682 results, and most I can't even find the words "Sea Foam" together. You know, foam insulation, sea turtles. I digress.

I usually do half a can. That gives you roughly 8 oz. per tank of gas. Fairly close to the 1 oz. per gallon for maintnance.

Being how it says to use a whole can for a car, one half is what I use. BTW-just a few days ago my Wing started to run like crap all of a sudden. Went home, grabbed my 1/2 can of S.F., went to the gas station, filled the tank and added the S.F. Within ten minutes of running, the Wing was running fine.

If you can eyeball it, 1/3 a can would be ideal, but normally I use the stuff when I want to really clean the system, so 1/2 is a lot easier. The whole can if you suspect or have a serious problem and hope a good cleaning will solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never used more than the 1oz per gallon. Maybe I will try using more. :icon_evilgrin: more is better right!!!! :icon_twisted: