CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lowering pegs for sale

I've been rooting around in the garage and stumbled over some old stock. I have a very limited quantity of 1st generation lowering pegs which I have no need for. These are nicely machined and incorporate the peg into the bracket. As far as I know, they will only accept the later model footpeg rubbers. Also, there were clearance issues-on some bikes the peg would hit the exhaust pipe and required a bit of creative grinder work, while on others they fit just fine. I think that had more to do with the exhaust fitment and adjustment than anything else. Anyway, they're a well made piece, and if you'd like a bit of history they may interest you. These should be the last in the known universe, so replacement is impossible if you bend one. As is, no hardware, guarantees, or promises. $35 a set shipped by Priority Mail in the US of A.

post-4340-1209828186.jpg

post-4340-1209828382.jpg

I've been rooting around in the garage and stumbled over some old stock. I have a very limited quantity of 1st generation lowering pegs which I have no need for. These are nicely machined and incorporate the peg into the bracket. As far as I know, they will only accept the later model footpeg rubbers. Also, there were clearance issues-on some bikes the peg would hit the exhaust pipe and required a bit of creative grinder work, while on others they fit just fine. I think that had more to do with the exhaust fitment and adjustment than anything else. Anyway, they're a well made piece, and if you'd like a bit of history they may interest you. These should be the last in the known universe, so replacement is impossible if you bend one. As is, no hardware, guarantees, or promises. $35 a set shipped by Priority Mail in the US of A.

i will take them pm sent

Hi are they still avaliable?

if so I would like to buy them.

Thanks a bunch!

Todd (karmaxx) 985-201-xxxx

So, could you add these to the lowering brackets from davesxx01 and get some more leg room?

So, could you add these to the lowering brackets from davesxx01 and get some more leg room?

From looking at the pics - NO, the stock pegs have a "female" slot that the lowering block fits into with a "male" section whereas these are complete, like welding the lowering block to the peg :icon_surprised:

I would be scared to go much lower than daves. Seems like your feet get dangerously close to the ground with just the inch difference his make.

do you accept pay pall. I want to buy should be easy.

As Para said, NO!

If you need more legroom, you need a different bike!

These look awsome and look something like what I'm making for the ZX14.

2 sets of lowering brackets together could be cause major injurys from not flexing up in a turn.

I would be scared to go much lower than daves. Seems like your feet get dangerously close to the ground with just the inch difference his make.

You're right about that; I was dragging the pegs yesterday when being

pretty aggressive, so I for sure don't want to go any lower. I was just

tossing out the question.

I'm not sure what your train of thought is here, but these will fit all XX's. You just can't put the early model footpeg rubbers on as these are modeled after the '99 and newer footpegs, and only those rubbers will fit these.

Oh, I get it! Sorry, I didn't catch the rubber part. Thought that was part of the mount or something.

So basically, I'd just have to order a set of rubber grips (or whatever they are called) from a yamaha dealer for a later model BB, then I could use them.

Sorry, just getting my BB tomorrow, so trying to figure stuff out!

You'd have better luck ording two mainstep rubbers 50661-MBW-000 and the two setting plates 50609-MBW-000 from a Honda dealer, and then picking up the two required 5x14 bolts from a local hardware store. Or you might even consider putting up a wanted to buy ad here....somebody probably has a set lying in their garage.

TODD?????????? :icon_biggrin:

foot pegs?? :icon_twisted:

You got something to tell us???

:icon_naughty:

Yamaha??? XX, you better look again. :icon_redface:

oh yeah we do have more than one Todd I guess...

I'm not sure what your train of thought is here, but these will fit all XX's. You just can't put the early model footpeg rubbers on as these are modeled after the '99 and newer footpegs, and only those rubbers will fit these.

I'll take a set if there any left.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

For sale section may not be the best place for this kind of question. I'm looking for a say 76.28 percent chance type of answer.

Does anyone have a best guess on if these would work on a Hurricane?

Pics added....

Hurricane pegs

Man that flash really makes the plastic look faded.

Tx

Bill

I'll take a set.Let me know if you use paypal or address to send money to.

Thanks, john

For sale section may not be the best place for this kind of question. I'm looking for a say 76.28 percent chance type of answer.

Not sure which Hurricane you're referring to. If you mean a 1000F, then yes, the attachment point of these will fit your bike. However, I can make no guarantees or even conjecture as to whether they will foul the bodywork or interfere with nearby hardware. My own 1000F is many years down the road, so I'm unable to check the fitment. You would still need to purchase late model rubbers and hardware as noted previously in this thread.

Thanks, john

Got your PM.

Not sure which Hurricane you're referring to. If you mean a 1000F, then yes, the attachment point of these will fit your bike. However, I can make no guarantees or even conjecture as to whether they will foul the bodywork or interfere with nearby hardware. My own 1000F is many years down the road, so I'm unable to check the fitment. You would still need to purchase late model rubbers and hardware as noted previously in this thread.

Thanks, john

Got your PM.

Yes, It's a 1000F. I'l think about it and check out the plastic around the attach points.

Thanks for the opinion,

Bill