CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 1998 Suzuki rm250 $650!!

I am wanting to buy another bike, so this one has to go. I have had this Suzuki for about 3 seasons now. It has had new piston and rings, and the carb redone a million times. Basically, this is a nearly stock 98 rm250 w/average amount of getting the shit kicked out of it. The damn thing flies! I put a new rear tire on it last season, pirelli i think, and the front is good. As with all my vehicles, the oil gets changed regular, and the fork seals are fairly fresh. It doesn't leak oil or water, and I installed a flywheel weight to it. Got a new chain and sprocket and some new bars I bent after 1 hour! Put a shorty pipe on it, polished the head and did the bearing maintenance it needed. I gotta have at least 1000$ out of her, or I will keep it to ride another season. here's a picpost-3948-1206308220.jpg

• 3 months later...

Bumpity bump. Now I"ll take an even $1000. Haven't ridden her for weeks now. Anyone. . .. . . Anyone. . . . .Fry. . . . . .Fry. . . .Fry. . . .Bueller. . . . . .Bueller. . . .Bueller? :icon_whistle:

have you beat the pure dog shit out of this bike, or does it still have some good riding left in it?

i'm trying to get rid of my quad and i'm interested in something similar to what you have there.

have you beat the pure dog shit out of this bike, or does it still have some good riding left in it?

i'm trying to get rid of my quad and i'm interested in something similar to what you have there.

Decent shape. I'd imagine it won't win any beauty contest, but I can start it and ride w/no problems. Like everything, I have maintained it and kept it working. I went riding less than a month ago, but twisted my ankle since, and noticed it needs a new tube on the rear (damn thorns). Just put steering bearings in it and re-did the front forks this season. It also has a new (less than a season) chain and sprocket on it. It also has new pro-taper bars and grips. Still flat rear tube.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been another season. I haven't even ridden this beast for months. Price dropped to $650. Cmon ppl, this bike is worth that. :icon_rolleyes: Bump of course

Hell, I'd buy it if it were close for that...

I was talking to DAVE.

I wasn't talking to you. :icon_razz:

Got you Matt. This really is a sweet ass price on a bike. Hell, I got probably $1500 tied up in her. Thank the local legal system and low economy for the price drop. :icon_whistle: I will have another, but for right now, the bird is going to stand alone. Thanks everyone. -Shane -Sale pending-