CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dunlop Roadsmart????

Pete in PA

I actually did :icon_wall: :icon_banghead: run D220,mileage ? Since YMMV I won`t post numbers,but it was about 40-45% of what I normally get from Pilot Road,or before that macadam 100 X.

I`ll never again run street Dunlops.

I've been selling the Roadsmart for about 2 months now. Eveybody is extremely happy with them, and I mounted them on my BB as well (didn't ride them yet....).

The comparison tests tell me it's the best sport-touring tire out there (almost all testers agreed on that!).

Yes, Dunlop was lost with motorcycletires, but the last year they are back with a vengeance......

I've been selling the Roadsmart for about 2 months now. Eveybody is extremely happy with them, and I mounted them on my BB as well (didn't ride them yet....).

The comparison tests tell me it's the best sport-touring tire out there (almost all testers agreed on that!).

Yes, Dunlop was lost with motorcycletires, but the last year they are back with a vengeance......

With all the shitty luck I and others have had with Dunlop tires, it'll take awhile and a BUNCH of GLOWING reviews for me to spoon a set of Dunlops again, especially since Michelin and Perelli make such awesome tires! Hell, with the rear Diablo Strada, I can power-wheelie in a 40 degree rain!

To clarify, they don't have a rep for blowing up or anything, but I mean how they cup VERY early, and if you want mileage, they don't stick, and if you want stick, they don't last... For instance, Bowen got 1800 miles out of a set of 208's (with no burnouts), that perform almost as well as the Powers, that he gets 6000 miles out of... I get 7500 miles out of a rear power, and 8000 miles out of a rear Diablo Strada, and they seem to stick much better in the wet, on cold tires, than the Dunlops I've run...

Mike

I actually did :icon_wall: :icon_banghead: run D220,mileage ? Since YMMV I won`t post numbers,but it was about 40-45% of what I normally get from Pilot Road,

+1

Great tires for the first 2000 miles or so but after that they start to increasingly suck until the tremendous vacuum forces fecal matter to fill your shorts at around 4500 miles. The fecal matter is not a problem though because you'll need to stop riding on them anyway because the cords will have been showing for a while.

I've never ran a D220, what mileage did anyone here get out of a 220?

I got 3,600 miles out of my last D220....

That was the Last Dunlop I'll buy ... for at least another 10 years... or until I read enough possitive reviews to the contrary.

I too get 40-45% more mileage out of the Michelin PR's... and they wear better too.

• 4 months later...

This was the only thread I could find about roadsmarts. They are getting great reviews on the FJRforum, and believe me, many of us over there have run just about every tire under the sun including PR2's, 2CT's, Stradas, Storms..........

The BB obviously has more power, but weighs less, so I'm considering trying a pair on the BB.

Anybody try them yet???

This was the only thread I could find about roadsmarts. They are getting great reviews on the FJRforum, and believe me, many of us over there have run just about every tire under the sun including PR2's, 2CT's, Stradas, Storms..........

The BB obviously has more power, but weighs less, so I'm considering trying a pair on the BB.

Anybody try them yet???

I'm running them since a while, best sport touring tyres so far. I've used Z6 and BT021 on this bike before, those tyres were good but Roadmart playes in a higher division with bravour :icon_biggrin:

5% more mileage than D220 (whoowee :icon_rolleyes: )

I do like the tread pattern though.

From what I saw the sizes available will not work for our bikes... at least the XX

keep in mind rear tire wear is increased with engine breaking

Im running dunlop qualifiers now, they have great feel & traction wet or dry but shitty mileage ( burned my last Dunlop rear in 4.5k & front cupped all to hell)

Will pilot roads or pilot roads-2 have enough bite for some cornering ? What is the life expactancy of a PR ?

I'm running Dunlop qualifiers now, they have great feel & traction wet or dry but shitty mileage ( burned my last Dunlop rear in 4.5k & front cupped all to hell)

Will pilot roads or pilot roads-2 have enough bite for some cornering ? What is the life expectancy of a PR ?

A few guys on the OzBB site here in Aus have used the Qualifier and said as you did good grip but were only getting ~6000km out of a rear compared to ~8500km from a PP :icon_think:

Most have gotten around 10 000km from the old PR, I had 2 myself and they were bald in the centres at ~10 000km :icon_surprised:

I had a PR2 at 6500km before a nail through the sidewall stuffed it :icon_wall:

The centre of the PR2 looked hardly worn but the sides did show signs of wear and feathering and the current PR2 is at ~4500km and is much the same - centre looks almost new but the edged are a bit worn and feathered but they stick like shit to a blanket in the dry and are very good in the wet as well :icon_biggrin:

I will be interested to see the final mileage as it may be the first tyre I wear out the sides before the centre :icon_surprised:

A few guys have tried the Roadsmarts here in Aus so far and seem to be happy with the grip and handling although say they are no better than the PR2's and will probably wear out quicker too :icon_surprised: :icon_think:

A couple have said they will probably go back to the PR2's :icon_think:

I have the Roadsmarts on my ST1300 and they seems to be doing well. The ST is about 100 lb's heavier, but not as powerful as an XX. They feel good going around corners and seem to be wearing well. I don't have but a thousand or so on them thou. I was thinking they might be next for the XX. My Michelin PP has about 4K on it and is just about worn out in the middle. There's not enough curves in Houston,,,

From what I saw the sizes available will not work for our bikes... at least the XX

That explains why my rear seems to wear a little fast. I gotta quit riding like I'm at the track all the time. I think I'm going to try the Roadsmart on the rear next time. Wonder how it will match with a front Qualifier?

That explains why my rear seems to wear a little fast. I gotta quit riding like I'm at the track all the time. I think I'm going to try the Roadsmart on the rear next time. Wonder how it will match with a front Qualifier?

Probably do fine, but first rule of thumb is to not mix & match. & if you do, make sure the tire compound is of similair properties

Probably do fine, but first rule of thumb is to not mix & match. & if you do, make sure the tire compound is of similair properties

As long as the front is stickier than the rear it's ok, I always run a sportier tire on the front. I do however try to keep the manufacturers the same. My usual combo is M3 front, Z7 rear ... IMO the best riding combo I have found, really good for the twisties.

5% more mileage than D220 (whoowee :icon_rolleyes: )

I do like the tread pattern though.

Does your blackbird use something else than

120/70/17

180/55/17

Roadsmarts can be had for 230.00 for the pair from parts411 right now.

That's a lot cheaper than PR2's, maybe enough to justify less mileage.

Cause thats available in the Roadsmart.