CBR1100XX.org Forum

XXSTAR's '99 Blackbird + parts bike: $3000

OK, here's the catch: Ron's widow Frances turned the liquidation of Ron's bikes over to his brother-in-law, Doug Jordan. Ronnie bought the bike from Southern Imports in Shannon, MS as a salvage bike. A salvage bike has to have photos taken of the wrecked bike. Southern Imports has these on file. If a bike is wrecked bad enough that it has to have major parts replaced, then you must have receipts for every major part replaced. Then you take the repaired bike, the salvage title, photos, and receipts to the Highway Patrol Station to be inspected, and where you can then apply for a salvage title in your name (Ronnie never got the title assigned to himself). Southern Imports still has the original salvage title and it is still in the insurance company's name. Ron replaced the damage parts from a second parts bike he purchased, and restored the salvage bike to its original condition and was riding it (without a title of course). As far as I know, the parts bike is complete except for the parts removed for restoring the salvage bike. It has a motor (which threw a rod and has a hole in the bottom of the case). They can't find the receipt where Ron bought the parts bike. Here's where the problem comes in. Frances would like to sell the bikes to someone on the Blackbird forum. This will require the buyer to travel to New Albany, MS and accompany Mr. Jordan to Southern Imports where the necessary documentation will be obtained for the title's reassignment. If anyone is interested enough to deal with the paperwork, Mr. Jordan will be assist you in the title transactions. Mileage is 38,902. Bikes sold as package (bikes will not be seperated). $3000 FIRM. Any inquiries or questions must be directed to Doug Jordan, administrator.

Doug Jordan

1572 CR 107

New Albany, MS 38652

E-mail: doug_5656@yahoo.com

home: 662-534-3681

cell: 662-231-6262

post-2284-1199888831.jpg

post-2284-1199888850.jpg

post-2284-1199888869.jpg

post-2284-1199888882.jpg

post-2284-1199888895.jpg

Parts bike info from Doug Jordan(1/13/08):

The cover is off the motor on the left side. The instruments have been removed. It has a key and switch. All the wiring to the instruments is good and has all the plugs (connections). The tank has a small dent on the upper left side. The fairings came off his bike and are scratched pretty bad. The back fairing under the seat (tail section) is in good condition and the seat is good. A friend said he thinks the motor isn't ruined but I think it's only good for parts. I just talked to Southern Imports and he said he would provide the buyer with a notorized bill of sale on the parts bike. This way, whoever buys the bikes will be able to use the itemized parts off the parts bike to get it inspected. Below are photos.

post-2284-1200223139.jpg

post-2284-1200223248.jpg

post-2284-1200223291.jpg

post-2284-1200223329.jpg

post-2284-1200223377.jpg

post-2284-1200223419.jpg

post-2284-1200223461.jpg

post-2284-1200223508.jpg

post-2284-1200223546.jpg

I would have called just as soon as this was posted, but I have no way to go pick up two bikes. It's 5 hours away too which is what really pisses me off, because I have cash in hand.

U haul rents motorcycle trailers here. Maybe you could find a place/person to loan/rent you a trailer.

For that matter rent a small moving truck with ramp.

I would have called just as soon as this was posted, but I have no way to go pick up two bikes. It's 5 hours away too which is what really pisses me off, because I have cash in hand.

U haul rents motorcycle trailers here. Maybe you could find a place/person to loan/rent you a trailer.

I have a trailer, just not one big enough to handle what could be two complete motorcycles. What I really need is a fullsize truck and pull my trailer behind it, but I don't know if Uhaul rents just a pickup truck. No nationally known car rental companies will allow you to tow with their vehicles.

I don't even need the title, nor the drama that goes with it. This would become my dragbike and the Furbird would stay on the street.

I have a trailer, just not one big enough to handle what could be two complete motorcycles. What I really need is a fullsize truck and pull my trailer behind it, but I don't know if Uhaul rents just a pickup truck. No nationally known car rental companies will allow you to tow with their vehicles.

I don't even need the title, nor the drama that goes with it. This would become my dragbike and the Furbird would stay on the street.

Yo Furbird,

The guy hauling my bike here from Jersey is based out of Mississippi just southwest of Memphis TN. He would probably bring these to you cheap enough.

PM me and I'll put you in contact with him.

Thanks to JBowen's quick replies, I have an email out to a transport company. Secondary option would be renting a brand new Tundra from the local Toyota dealer and hooking up the enclosed trailer for a one day road trip. I really hope the transport works out because $3 a gallon @ 15 gallons per mile sounds awfully expensive....

Thanks to JBowen's quick replies, I have an email out to a transport company. Secondary option would be renting a brand new Tundra from the local Toyota dealer and hooking up the enclosed trailer for a one day road trip. I really hope the transport works out because $3 a gallon @ 15 gallons per mile sounds awfully expensive....

either way, still sounds like a decent deal

take pictures to brag about it afterwards ;)

The guy hauling my bike here from Jersey is based out of Mississippi just southwest of Memphis TN. He would probably bring these to you cheap enough.

PM me and I'll put you in contact with him.

Josh, your guy's practically next door. New Albany, MS is about 65 miles south of Memphis.

Josh's transport guy contacted me today. He's going to let me know on a price Sunday. I'm still not going to commit to buying the bike until I can get all the details hammered out, because I don't want to call Doug and waste his time if something falls through. If everything works out to plan, this may be coming to Mobile by next weekend. Obviously, any parts I don't end up keeping will go on here first.

Actual post by Ron, no editing:

what ne said, fucking "Northerners"

tell them about it Oldgezzer. you are right they are racest. Ron XXXXXX

what ne said, fucking "Northerners"

tell them about it Oldgezzer. you are right they are racest. Ron XXXXXX

(Man, I miss that guy)

UPDATE - 1/13/08. Parts bike photos added (see original post). Furbird, for $3k

you should buy those bikes. That's a steal. I'd buy 'em myself but don't have the

money. Doug Jordan is a nice guy (i.e. honest & trustworthy) and I'm sure he'd

be flexible and accomodating towards any potential buyer. It was Frances' wish

that Ron's bikes be first offered for sale to members of the cbr1100xx.org forum.

I have ridden Ron's '99 on two separate occasions and both times it ran strong and

displayed no ill handling. The brakes, throttle, clutch, and transmission all worked

smoothly. Ron did the 6mm shim mod last summer (07) but I liked the bike better

as stock (for me it seemed too "twitchy"shimmed). Of course Ron was a tight-ass

and notoriously cheap when it came to tires, always preferring to purchase any old

shitty, shagged-out, miss-matched set he find, so that didn't help. Shim or no shim,

a proper set of tires will transform a bike's handling, but to Ron, rubber was rubber.

The cheaper the better.

I also failed to mention the '99 has Gen-Mar bar risers and a ZG double bubble, as

well as Erion cans (as shown in pics). Ron did mention that he planned on installing

a Power Commander, but I don't know if that was ever carried out before he died.

Furbird, are you going to buy it? If not, let me know. I will if you won't. It will take me until at least Tuesday to gather the scratch, but it is a good bike. Maybe not a steal with the salvage issues, but I found out this afternoon that D2 is tall enough to ride mine, so she would be a good excuse to get another.

RXX, I am interested in the bike, but it's first come, first served. I have not contacted Doug yet for this very reason, because I want to get everything handled on my end first to make sure anything we set up goes smoothly. I won't be able to go up there until this weekend at the earliest, but if you get the funds before then, then it's yours. I'm still waiting on the transport company, and I need to talk to Doug to see how much of a paperwork nightmare this is going to be. If I can't do it all in one trip up, then I won't even worry about it and will just do it on bill of sale only. All I plan on doing is racing with it, and if you plan on getting it titled and tagged, I would much rather see it go to you. I will still continue with my plans at this point unless something changes over the course of the week.

RXX, it's yours for the taking. The local track has just posted up the payout sheets today and bikes are not even listed on it. I have asked about a points championship system, and if we have one, there is no sponsor for it and it will be up to those who show up as to whether we even want one (we have low attendance for bikes). So with no guaranteed money and no shiny trophy to shoot for, I have no purpose in buying a racing-only bike at this time.

On top of that, the General Manager quit (we think "quit" is the right word) yesterday and we have a new guy there. I have no idea how he will run the show, nor what changes he wants to make, so using a significant portion of my reserve cash to buy a bike is just not a smart decision right now. The transport guy also emailed me and if he has to make a solo trip just with the two bikes, the price would be about $400. He could do it for 225 if I could wait long enough for him to get another one to bring down this way, but that would put Doug in a situation of either sitting on paid bikes or waiting who knows how long for a "word of mouth" buyer to actually buy them. Neither of those two options is something I would expect anybody to agree to, nor would I ask for them to do such a thing. I would have loved to buy this bike, but the timing is just not right. If I would have rented that truck last weekend like I had originally planned to, I'd be a nervous wreck right now after finding out about the racing AND management change within 24 hours of each other.

• 1 month later...