CBR1100XX.org Forum

Good job ya bunch of losers. I was tempted today. I went in to the gas station to pay for some petro and I saw the krispy kream display and they were fresh. YUMMY!!! But I was a good guy and passed them up. 280 here I come.

I wieghed myself this afternoon after work and I was 185. Granite I had not eaten all day but I hope to stay close to that. :icon_dance: I have a hard time with the sweets if they are not around I don't look for them but with the kids having them in the house I can't stop myself but I am getting better Only 1-2 cookies instead of 10 I always drink water and once in a while I will have a beer, I probably drink 1/2 gallon of water a day. :icon_shifty: OOH I have to PEEE :icon_eek:

Good luck to all and keep up the good work. :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

YES, I won. We did our final weigh in and I lost 17 pounds. I am down to 298 now. 280 here I come!!

Good job keep on keepin on :icon_thumbsup:

You refer to WW, I'm assuming you mean weight watchers??

Care to share the points system??

you can email it if you like..

chipsahoy_33@hotmail.com

Here's a link to the website. I don't have anything on the computer, I just use an old points guide.

Weight Watchers

178 lbs. as of Thursday morning. 18 lost and 8 to go :icon_dance:

I always forget to check this part of the site.

I went to the gym today and hit a new personal record doing rack pulls/deadlifting. 315 lbs for 1 rep, 2 sets.

If you do not know what rack pulls are, check out the women in this video.

I figured you would rather check out some woman working out. The last effort, she is going for 335lbs.

My goal is to workout extremely hard and fix some lingering problems that I have.

Here's my update from 11 days ago...

I've been rollercoasting for about 6 months now, bouncing between 218 and 224. Mostly I sit around 221. I am not afraid to admit that I don't know anything about something and I figured getting advice from a fella that has maintained his weight for over 60 years was a good place to start. Looking at the previous posts I made here, you can see Clarence Bass links all thru it.

I bought a couple of books just before February. I have been lifting consistently for over 6 months now, but I hit a wall, weight wouldn't come down and strength wouldn't go up. I've been doing what conventional wisdom said, cut caloric intake drastically and excercised like crazy.

What I got so far is that I was over training by doing the cardio, burning off any gains the weight lifting workout gave me. My muscles were constantly being torn down right after being built up. Additionally, my severe calorie reduction put my body in starvation mode and I was constantly tired, living on energy drinks and binging every weekend to sate my hunger.

I have been using www.fitday.com to track my eating and shooting for a target calorie intake of 2300 to 3000, while shooting for 2400 as a goal. Based on what I read, a moderately active man burns about 14 calories per pound of mass, so I wanted to get near that but slightly less to start losing the weight. My aim is for ~180 by the middle of the summer and I am trying to not lose any muscle. It was very hard to get the muscle and I don't want to accidently lose it by losing the weight too fast. I set my target calorie intake to 14*180=2520.

The first thing I noticed is that I gained 4 pounds and peaked at 225, roughly 2 days after I started my new diet. As discouraging as this was, I decided my body is probably all out of whack and if I give it consistent fuel and maintain my exercise routine, I should be fine. As of today, I'm down to 221. The difference is I feel great! It's amazing how much food I am putting away. I'm hungry almost all the time, but it's more like "I could eat" instead of "my face is caving in!". My coffee and energy drink need is almost gone. I'm drinking half caff and I get jittery now. I work nights and Im not exhausted and dragging ass all night anymore. I guess my body is off starvation mode now, cause I am consistently just below 2400 calories and I am full of energy and constantly eating.

As much as I've heard that eating 5 or more times a day was the key, I'm finally seeing this in practice. Still hard to wrap my head around it since it's never what I did before but it is working. I never claimed I was a rocket surgeon... I still enjoy my bourbon and beer, albeit it's cut down a little. Key was to set up a meal plan that I enjoyed and didn't feel deprived with.

The second thing is that my muscle strength is exploding. I do 375 deep knee leg presses and I've hit the squat limit my back surgery allows at ~200 pounds, but my legs have grown a half inch in a week. My body seems much more responsive to my workouts and, again, I feel great! I feel my muscle mass is pretty much where I want it to be, so when I get close to 180, I should not be gaining a lot more muscle. My body fat meter on my scale broke (lol) so I can't calculate how much muscle I have, but Im going by feel. Pants fit better around the waist. I ordered a new scale will start punching in my bf as well as weight next time I check in.

Johnny

176 lbs this morning, 20 lbs. lost since the first of the year :icon_dance:

My pants are falling off me and my belt has gone from the 2nd hole to the 5th and last hole. Need to go find my leather punch :icon_biggrin:

This past weekend was tough. I went to help my brother move and all I ate was pasta, beer, and Entemanns cookies. I was 181 lbs. Monday night when I got home :icon_redface:

• 4 weeks later...

Great job, I wieghed in yesterday @ 292 and my body fat percentage and had dropped 5%. so 315 - 292 = 23 lbs since the first of the year.

hopefully this pic wont be me this year. lol

post-8911-1205607544.jpg

I made/exceeded my goal for my 2 month program.

Started at 217, ended at 197.

Celebrated with a big beer and pizza!!!!

Off the gym for a week which is a good thing since my back is out and

the floor is my new best friend.

Oh buddy, I feel for ya.

I had 2 slices of Papa John's meats pizza last night, with ranch dressing :icon_evilgrin: Utter heaven, I tell ya.

I have the distinct advantage that, because I work nights, I get a night a week when my overlap of eating per day calorie intake lets me splurge. Last time I had a regular angus sammich from Quizno's.

I get the nutrition info from the web when I go to a chain, plug it into fitday and it tells me where I need to go to finish the day.

I now know that Quizno's is gonna put a 900+ dent in my intake and 2 slices of yummy pizza is right at 1000 with the dressing. I am still goaling for 2400 calories a day, give or take 300.

Im down 13 pounds, or almost 2 hp as of today :icon_biggrin:

At the end of the month, I will post stats, since it seems like a good time to do it. Remember, I started this program in the beginning of Feb, so AirborneXX has a distinct advantage over me. Also, I threw my back out 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to go to the gym since, but I think I will be starting again slowly Monday morning. So as to keep the weight I personally have lost in perspective, I have lost 2.166 pounds a week on average. I noticed that on the tv, they are actually posting the time it takes for those slimming hydroxy type thingies. Most of the models lose 30-40 pounds, but over a period of 28+ weeks to get there. Considering I am not taking anything of the sort and just watching what I eat, I am doing alright. And I had pizza! :icon_dance:

Oh, props to AirborneXX, you are a gentleman and a scholar, although in this circle, that may not be a compliment :icon_think:

Great to see others are sticking with their programs and losing the weight!!!

I'm at 172... well maybe not today as I really over did it yesterday at our St. Patricks day feast. I'm really gonna cut the calories this week and exercise everyday so I can drop a few more before nexxt weekends Easter feast. My original goal was 170, but I'm shooting for 165 now as there's still more fat to lose.

Beginning of May my favorite deli opens up for the summer and I'm going to have a cheesesteak with fried onions and hot peppers. I use to eat 1-2 per week and I haven't had one since Christmas!

My goal was to be 170lbs. for Easter, and for the past 3 days I have weighed in at 170 lbs. :icon_dance::icon_dance:

NeXXt goal is 165 lbs. for opening day at Voltacco's Sub Shop in Ocean City. That is the day I'm having my first cheesesteak since before Christmas :icon_drool:

I'll post the date tonight :icon_biggrin:

NeXXt goal is 165 lbs. for opening day at Voltacco's Sub Shop in Ocean City. That is the day I'm having my first cheesesteak since before Christmas :icon_drool:

Dammit opening day was last Saturday! I'm MSF'ing the nexxt 2 weekends. So April 12th is the day.

168 lbs. this morning :icon_dance:

Last time I was in the 160's was eight years ago following 3 weeks of post Cancun squirts :icon_redface:

Dammit opening day was last Saturday! I'm MSF'ing the nexxt 2 weekends. So April 12th is the day.

168 lbs. this morning :icon_dance:

Last time I was in the 160's was eight years ago following 3 weeks of post Cancun squirts :icon_redface:

168...FUCK YOU :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, what he said :icon_twisted:

I went thru the Easter day(s) festivities and I knew I was gonna put a few back on. I am coming back down, at 215 today, but I have had a hankering for pickles and saurkraut these last two days so I am sure it's water weight and I am more likely at 214 or 213.

Being out of the gym for 2 weeks has done a number on me, I was finally able to get back in and start slowly getting some pressure on my back. For those that know, L5-S1 disk slipped out, pinched the sciatic on my right side. Was the left last year and it put me out for about 3 weeks then, but I recognized the symptoms and I knew it was nothing serious enough for another cat scan. The feeling is almost normal in my leg now and I'm just waiting for the inflamation to go down before I go back in full speed.

Still eating what I want, still moving up in hp. Last night I had a burger and a diet coke while staring at little orange shorts and watching cage fighting on the tube. This in addition to breakfast, lunch and snacks. I am feeling NO PAIN in this process, just a little irritation in my ass for watching everything I put in my mouth.

Keep it up folks, and AirborneXX, I hate you! :icon_clap:

I'll be right there with you in oh, 9 months or so!

C'mon guys, cut Brett some slack..... just how much do you think someone 5'4" is supposed to weigh?! :icon_whistle:

:icon_lmao:

I was thinking I haven't been in the 160's since Jr. high :icon_eek:

Good work Brett.

I need to get discipline in my eating/exercise routine (oh thats close to poutine)

Yesterday, update.

211, from 225 in 2 months, average weight loss is 1.75 lbs/week. Just where I want it.

I plateau'd, but I seem to break about 3 pounds when I crash thru it. I'm having a birthday, and I cook like a demon, so I expect to not have any gains this week, may even backslide. I'm happy, not feeling deprived, my clothes fit better, it's getting easier.

I've maintained <2600 this whole week in calorie intake, eating what I usually do, just not so much. I'm not really pushing hard on this thing, just keeping an easy pace and reminding myself that I didn't become a lard ass overnight and I won't go back that way either. After my birthday, I am lowering my average daily to <2400 as a target, which I think I will be able to do. I find myself grabbing a pile of deli turkey or scarfing a can of tuna on work nights, just to stay over 2200, so I don't think it will be too hard to do.

I think I am on the right track. I still track every single thing that goes in my mouth, but it's getting easier and easier. I am making better decisions for what to eat and still educating myself about what is a good thing to eat and what is not.

Yay me!

Johnny

• 4 weeks later...