CBR1100XX.org Forum

Factory Pro shift kit cheap W/O shift star

Its a stiffer shift spring.

The intention is to achieve faster and more positive shift engagement by placing more pressure on the shifter pawl.

But when you place additional pressure on a component, the wear factor increases. Therefore, FactoryPro has made a kit of the stronger spring and an actuator with a bearing to counter the additional stress, which the OEM unit does not have.

I run factory pro shift kits on all my bikes. They eliminate mis shifts from pussy footing and after a while when you would start to get kick backs or false neutrals as the dogs on your meshing gears 2nd and 6th wearing and this shift kit prevents or prolongs this occurance due to the positive shifting with a stiffer spring and micro bearing detent arm. the evo shift kit even comes with a new shift star to improve shifting performance. I love them they make a HUGE difference. Been using them since mid 90's on my hurricane 1000.

I run factory pro shift kits on all my bikes. They eliminate mis shifts from pussy footing and after a while when you would start to get kick backs or false neutrals as the dogs on your meshing gears 2nd and 6th wearing and this shift kit prevents or prolongs this occurance due to the positive shifting with a stiffer spring and micro bearing detent arm. the evo shift kit even comes with a new shift star to improve shifting performance. I love them they make a HUGE difference. Been using them since mid 90's on my hurricane 1000.

I'll second that. I was getting false nuetrals and jumping out of gear on my F4 from 2nd to 3rd and into 4th. Everyone told me I need a new tranny. Tuns out all I needed was a $200 part and it works 2x better than a new tranny would have worked anyway.