CBR1100XX.org Forum

ss header (two)

I have that exact header and it's a really nice piece. I hope to use it as part of a custom Moto GP system I want to build someday!

I also have one on now, and love it. Well made and dual pipes,,,,

I have that exact header and it's a really nice piece. I hope to use it as part of a custom Moto GP system I want to build someday!

Do your plans include duals?

:icon_shifty:

Do your plans include duals?

:icon_shifty:

Yes...........One of these on each side.

coooooolllllllll,,,drool

To J, or S,

Can one of you 2 take some measurements of that SS header for me ?

Reason being, I've made up an Excell speadsheet that I can use to roughly calculate out the wave reflection timing of the Gas particle flow and the Sconic wave front (if I also know how long and of what dia. the mid-pipe to muffler configuration is).

I'ld be curious to see how the calculated numbers differ from the stock set-up.

Here's what I would need.

The average centerline lenght of the header pipes,

The Diameter of the header pipes,

The lenght of the collector itself, (not including the 1 inch that the header pipes go into it either)

Then the Lenght and diameter of the Collector pipe to the center point of the split,

Then the lenght and diameter of each of the outlet pipes again from ththe center point of the split,

then if you're running mid-pipes and mufflers after that, again all the same numbers, with the additional information of wether or not there is a baffle in the muffler and how far in is it.

:icon_biggrin:

I wonder what kind of HP gain would be had with that header over stock?

Erik, wanna play? I'll send you mine if you want to play with it?

I'm still working on another wild configuration of my own at this point, so for now I'll have to pass.

Currently I'm being held up by the lack of a good welding unit. I was thinking of buying my own, but so far it looks like the one I need is out of my price range at about $3500. I want (nice to want, I know) a good name brand Tig welder that's AC/DC with pulse control with a single phased input of upto 240V.

here's the one I'm drooling over...

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/dynasty_200_series/

So I'm still trying to find someone that will let me use there's and / or a place to complete the fabrications I have planned.

So for now... if you could just get me the above info.. I could at least come up with a fairly good theory on how that header should act upon our motor.

according to delkevic the hp gain is minimal and rejetting isnt required...

I'm still working on another wild configuration of my own at this point, so for now I'll have to pass.

Currently I'm being held up by the lack of a good welding unit. I was thinking of buying my own, but so far it looks like the one I need is out of my price range at about $3500. I want (nice to want, I know) a good name brand Tig welder that's AC/DC with pulse control with a single phased input of upto 240V.

So I'm still trying to find someone that will let me use there's and / or a place to complete the fabrications I have planned.

So for now... if you could just get me the above info.. I could at least come up with a fairly good theory on how that header should act upon our motor.

You can use mine, got an extra room, you guys could come to Texxt while you are here.....

Before it snows

for months!!!!

mean I know, but mean it too

Not all that much. I mean, it might very well make a bit better peak numbers, but at the expense of the wide flat powerband of the stock system.

You can use mine, got an extra room, you guys could come to Texxt while you are here.....

Before it snows

for months!!!!

mean I know, but mean it too

Thanks for the offer... and yes I'm temped, definately need to get down there at some point in time, but...

I'ld probably just spend the whole time B.S.ing with you and not get shit done. :icon_twisted:

I've got a little 110V Multi-Mig welder my Dad gave me, must be 20 years old, that I'm going to try and get working.

Wish me luck there, I'm going to need it.

If that doesn't work... I'll continue trying to find a decent unit that someone will let me use...

and worse case... I'll probably have to asK Santa for a new one. :icon_rolleyes: Although I don't think He's gonna come through either, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll get it done one way or another... but it might not look as good as I want it to. :icon_confused:

That one in your link to Ebay doesn't look like a Delkevic.

Compare the 1 - 2 pipe.

the Delkevic is more of a V instead of a T connection.

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/?section=product...p;product_id=15

-perhaps our rocket scientist members can speak to the vapor flow differential between the two.

I'm not making a statement either way, just seems to me that from a brief visual comparison, it LOOKS like exhaust might flow smoother thru the Delkevic.

Think a few peeps here have the Delkevic on their birds, perhaps they can chime in.

-

Well, it is 4-1-2 design, unless it has internal divider,the other one was 4-2-1-2.4-1 vs 4-2-1 is suppose to give better top end but midrange suffers.Basically drag racing pipe,but you would wanna cut the weight in this case,why dual exhaust ? In other words this collector does not make sense whatsoever.

Most likely some cheap Made in China crap,randomly bent collection of pipes that happen to fit XX.

Yeah, the second header Stan posted is junk.

There are three parts I dislike:

1. The transition pieces where each individual pipe goes into the main collector are way too short and the ramp is very steep.

555968_C.jpg

2. The main split pipe simply directs the flow straight into the crossover pipe and would build a bunch of back pressure. Sorta looks like the stock header in that area.

555968_A.jpg

3. There is no type of cylinder pairing at all with this header. That might not make a vast difference it just proves that little performance thought went into this design.

I have the delivic on mine right now, and it looks to be well done. Runs good also, is the same 4 2 1 2., but has a nice collector size and great transition collector. Kind of like a good performance car header from hooker. The split into the two mufflers is a smooth y transition.

That has so many errors in the second header. The flats in the collector really got me.

I have a stock header I am going to put on and record the difference in afr to see what I think and compaire also to the pair of 2 1 that I built and the one I have on now. Plan on getting a good single muffler header or building one.