CBR1100XX.org Forum

fender proublem

flyinglow

Is this your origional fender?

I have read about tracking errors of the forks when replaced. The fix was to loosen the tripple clamps and pinch/axel bolt and give the suspension a little bounce.

If you have another bird near you, see if you can mount your fender on that bike.

Joe is probably right that the fender is twisted, but it is more important that the front end is correct.

Is this your origional fender?

I have read about tracking errors of the forks when replaced. The fix was to loosen the tripple clamps and pinch/axel bolt and give the suspension a little bounce.

If you have another bird near you, see if you can mount your fender on that bike.

Joe is probably right that the fender is twisted, but it is more important that the front end is correct.

That is another issue. My center stearing is off by two inces. I wonder if my triple is bent? How can I find out? I just put two new forks a nd a new axle on.

Not to come off wrong here, but did you inspect the frame's neck for cracked or damaged weld's after the accident ? (specifically under the neck where it is hard to see). Though I dont know the detail's of the incident but just a thought.

2" seems like a long way's off to me.

Not to come off wrong here, but did you inspect the frame's neck for cracked or damaged weld's after the accident ? (specifically under the neck where it is hard to see). Though I dont know the detail's of the incident but just a thought.

2" seems like a long way's off to me.

I pulled of the triple and found it bent. I ordered a new one.

Also inspect inside the neck to make sure the race (for the lower bearing on the steering stem) hasn't been broken loose from the neck. Rust on welds is usually indication of broken or stressed welds as the paint becomes separated from the metal.