CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dyno done

XXSTAR

just got back from having my dyno done on my XX.

Stock with PC-111 usb new, K&N filter new, new spark plugs, Erion slip-on. reg. gas, 34,000 miles

not as good as some have reported

these are corrected

with map from Dyno Jet, it was running lean

HP 132

troque 77

with custom map

HP 138

torque 80

I do think it was worth the money. it is more response below 6.000 rpm. from say 4,000 to 8,000 it will run better and smoother.

from 40 to 80 is better 60 to 100 is much quicker. 125 is as fast as I got it up to.

from 60 to 125 is nice this is where I think the money spent was worth it. all test speeds were shifted at 9,500

Ron

Why spend money on parts and short shift at 9500?

Stock I got 135rwhp on a HOT day and the torque curve was almost flat.

The guy at the shop looked at the flat torque curve and said, "Don't change a thing - that's what they should all look like."

He also said many bikes are like yours >$1000 spent and no real useable extra hp / often less.

You did the right thing to get it tuned properly - now rev it up!

I will see if I can get it. he may not let it go. He might think it will cost him a Dyno. but I will see.

I may see if he will send it to someone I am not sure how to post it.

we need a sticky to post to for maps.Ron

you may want to get a map from someone other that me, my xx only did 138 HP, there are other xx that turn more HP that mine.

I'm not saying whether you should or shouldn't share your map; that's your

decision.

However, if you have the bike and a laptop PC with a USB port (or maybe

even a desktop PC and a long USB cable), you can get the Power Commander

software from DynoJet and upload the map to a file on your PC. You don't

need the guy from the dyno shop to do it for you nor for him to let it go. After

all, you paid for it; the map is your property, IMHO.

I'm not saying whether you should or shouldn't share your map; that's your

decision.

However, if you have the bike and a laptop PC with a USB port (or maybe

even a desktop PC and a long USB cable), you can get the Power Commander

software from DynoJet and upload the map to a file on your PC. You don't

need the guy from the dyno shop to do it for you nor for him to let it go. After

all, you paid for it; the map is your property, IMHO.

+1

You paid for the tune, therefore the map that was made for your bike is yours. I have offered a map made for me and shared it with a few other members. I also wouldn't concern yourself with the raw numbers too much. Dyno's have variations from one unit to the other. The most important thing is that the bike feels good to you and you retained your driveability. My bike posted 142hp and 85 ft lbs. Do I know if it's for real,,,,,, I have no clue. What I do know for a fact is that I used to have a severe drop off of HP at 9.5K RPM because of a lean spot. Now, since the map was made, the bike plateau's (sp?) all the way to 11K.

In a real world situation though, ( the drag strip ) I though that I'd gain a mph or two at the top end, but I didn't. Same 133.whatever mph that I was getting before.

are you saying I can down load the map that is on the bike now, that he put on it, to my PC. if I can how do I do it?

sorry you will have to tell me step by step.

there is NO reason I want give anyone the MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to post a pix of it.

Ron

Yes, you can download the map directly from your PCIII as it sits in the bike. Nothing

magical about it; you just need the correct cable, a way to get the cable to your home

computer, and the Power Commander software that's available from DynoJet for free.

I don't know what you have at home, so can't give you specifics. All of the information

you need is available from DynoJet. Go here to get the instructions and software:

Power Commander Downloads

It's not a bad idea to have a copy of the map on your own computer in case something

happens to your Power Commander that will require you to re-download the map.

HTH.

are you saying I can down load the map that is on the bike now, that he put on it, to my PC. if I can how do I do it?

sorry you will have to tell me step by step.

I will try to post a pix of it.

Ron

Yes the map is loaded on your PC3, not having a copy beside the one on the PC3 is a REALLY bad idea.   You spent a few hundred $$ for it make sure you have a backup.  I killed my battery once last year and it some how messed up the map on my PC3.  I had to reload it.  If this were to happen and you didn't have a backup copy of the map you likely would have to pay to have it re-tuned on a dyno.

I don't care if you want to share it or not but you really should download the software from powercommander and hook the PC3 up to your PC to get the map off for a backup.

WELL! :icon_snooty:

Well what ? Is that map too GOOD for us or something ???Are we not worthy? Don't you know that it's almost required to share with the class?

Mine

Mine

Mine

Mine

Mine

Mine

Mine

Mine

If you ass holes want to pay me some money like 50.00 I will post it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn thing cost me 220.00 why do you think I should give you cry baby anything.

if you can not afford it go get a Honda 125. shit I can not belive the nerve of some of you. Ron

Ron! Take it easy. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that you should feel you

HAVE to post it; if you want to post it fine, if you don't want to post it, fine. Some have

posted their maps for anyone who wants to try it, but that doesn't mean you should

feel you have to. You paid good money for it, there's no reason you should give it

away if that's not what you want to do.

Regardless of whether your feel like posting it or not, as I and others have suggested,

you should try to get a copy of the map downloaded onto your PC so you have it in

case something happens to it in the Power Commander. It's just a good idea.

If you ass holes want to pay me some money like 50.00 I will post it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you can not afford it go get a Honda 125. shit I can not belive the nerve of some of you. Ron

never mind

Couple points,comparing dyno numbers is pointless,unless it is same dyno,same day,same fuel,blah,blah,blah,

I don`t think you can get that kind of increase from adjusting the A/F from lean to richer,typically N/A motors make better top end power from lean mixtures,something about increasing exhaust temperature and effectively "changing" pipe lenght.

They most likely fine "tuned" dyno readings so you will be happy costumer.You could loose 6-8 hp if motor is too RICH on top end though.

That is all.

If you ass holes want to pay me some money like 50.00 I will post it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_rape:

if you can not afford it go get a Honda 125. shit I can not belive the nerve of some of you. Ron :icon_biggrin:

There you gp, Ron, fixed it for ya!

Hey, guys, I put Ron up to this..... he was perplexed by some of your responses to his post, and having met only Doug and I, he thought the rest of the board was full of uptight anal homos, based on many of our topics. I assured him that was not true, very few of us are uptight.

ANYWAY, this was an attempt for him to loosen up & have a little fun his own self. Like I said before, Ron is one of the easiest going guys I have ever met, you all will love the fat fucker in person!

thanks love handles. I did not feel good about this.

Sorry all.

I have been busy the last few days, I will have some time Sunday morning, I will pulg up to the PC'S to see if I can down load the map. I did type wrong on the post should have said

" there is no reason your me to give it to anyone", this is the first thing I wanted to do when I posted this.

to make it up to you gay I will pay you to use it. LOL, Ron

thanks love handles. I did not feel good about this.

Sorry all.

I have been busy the last few days, I will have some time Sunday morning, I will pulg up to the PC'S to see if I can down load the map. I did type wrong on the post should have said

" there is no reason your me to give it to anyone", this is the first thing I wanted to do when I posted this.

to make it up to you gay I will pay you to use it. LOL, Ron

Well ,

If you get into an experimenting mood and want to try something else for FREE,,,, you are welcome to try my map if you wish.

It was made for my 01' with stock head pipes, TBR TI slip on's, and K&N air filter. Just PM me if you are interested.

I am going to try to up load the map here in a little bit, do I need to have the XX key turn on or can I use the 9v battery to power it. I am from the old school, I have been told all my live that it is not good to leave the key on when the engine is not running, thanks Ron

I am going to try to up load the map here in a little bit, do I need to have the XX key turn on or can

I use the 9v battery to power it. I am from the old school, I have been told all my live that it is not

good to leave the key on when the engine is not running, thanks Ron

If you have the 9V adapter, then you don't need to turn on the bike ignition. I don't have

the USB version, so don't know anything about the 9V adapter; the serial version has an

adapter that connects inline with the serial connector. OTOH, I have left the key on for

fairly long periods of time, since you have to do that to set the TPS, and have not experienced

any problems.