CBR1100XX.org Forum

D&D Slip Ons

PAOW

Just bought a 99 Bird...had some scratches on the pipes, so the dealer ordered D&D slips ons. I know everyone love loud and throaty pipes...but these seem REALLY loud. Maybe im not used to them yet...but...

Anyone out there have D&D's? How does yours sound?

Thanks!

PAOW,

Welcome to the board.

To answer your question, yes, all D&D's are loud. VERY loud. Yours are the way they are supposed to be. And no, not everyone here likes screaming loud pipes, but enough do that you can probably sell them pretty easily if you wish.

Congratulations on your purchase. I also have a '99 Bird and absolutely love it.

• 3 weeks later...

I had DnDs on my '99 and it was cool for a while. But the more I rode the louder they got. Before I tried to repack them I wrecked nad ended up w/ a full Yosh 4-2-1.

I 'felt' the bottom end was better with the DnDs. But the noise was just silly after like 35k miles on them. How can I complain after they lasted that long? Ive got 52k total now.

Enjoy the XX!

Yeah, Nik has them. I rode his bike for 500 miles on the way out to NeXXt. Would have never been able to do it without earplugs. Riding behind him is something else. I used to think my old Vance and Hine's Carbon Fiber cans were loud, but the D&D's are the difinitive "Loud Pipe King"!!!!!

MaXX

I had D&D slipons with my '99 and after approx 2000 miles I sold them.I felt as though I was trying to wake the dead and the entire neighborhood.The build quality and finish seemed very good and the install was tight and precise.The low end power was definitely increased(as mesured very accurately on my ass dyno) over stock and even over the Yosh I used next.

So,if you can live with the ear-splitting tone,you will like the cans.

BTW,I now have the Akra full system on my '02 and it is the perfect one for my style;fairly quiet and really strong in the upper rev range.

All for now.

Oldbird

Anyone out there have D&D's?

Yup

How does yours sound?

Loud

To quote Don (big boy)

Nik's bike is fucking loud, but i like it!!!!  

You stab that fucking throttle and it sounds like the gates of hell are opening!!!!!!!!!  

NIIICCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for long lasting... I'm not sure how long they will last... But they are in-expensive...

Fuck it.. For the price, when they wear out, you can buy another set for about the total price you'd pay for 1 set of some other pipes.

All must bow and hail the "Loud Pipe King"...........................NIK

Like I always say... If you aren't fast, might as well be loud...

Oh wait... That's a Harley slogan... nevermind...