CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI-LIGHT

HDXX

EKASXX AND I JUST FIXED MY 2000 TI-BIRD. THE FI LIGHT WAS STAYING ON AFTER ABOUT FIVE MINUTES OF RIDING. I LOOKED UP THE PROBLEM ON THE UK-SUPER BLACKBIRD WEB-SITE. THERE ARE DETAILED PICTURES AND STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS. IT WAS AN EASY FIX THANKS TO JOHN'S HELP. JUST INFO IF ANYONE WITH A 99-00 IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

Is it snowing on that mountain top you're shouting from?

Glad to hear you got it fixed

HUH?

what did he say brett?

:icon_lol:

Lower your voice Ron !!!!! I guess you are so proud that you feel the need to yell that you fixed your light. :icon_stickpoke:

Why don't you post some pics of your new bird ?

That would be SCOTT up on the mountain !!!!!!!

He bought a Ti Bird in South Florida, rode it just behind me up to NEXXT (autotrain) then over to 911 in NY then rode it back to Cali, home. A very clean 2000 Titanium that likes new back tires often !

I know that is Scott. "lower your voice Ron" is from the movie Anchorman. He knows what I am talking about. I work with Scott and am always making fun of him, because he always types in all caps. I was asking him to post pics of his new (to him) bird. Sorry if someone else thought I was talking about them.

Here is the link we used. The is no way in Hell HDXX would be able to figure out how to post a link. We basically followed how to find the problem area and then used contact cleaner and a toothbrush to clean off all the green and white corrosion (sp) under the brown plastic coupler piece. Then we used the silicone spray to help stop the corrosion. We flipped the cap so that water would run out of it and not get trapped inside of it and then taped the crap out of it to the loom. Scott's connection/connectors/jumpers were all green and white, so it seems the link is correct in the diagnosis. So far, HDXX's light has stayed off, so the fix seems to have worked.

Linky:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/foru...ead.php?t=16438

Hope it helps someone in need.

Well i have a problem of a with my FI light as well. It seems back in 1996 when Mr. Honda was dreaming about air bags for the Goldwings he just flat out forgot to put that light in my cluster. I dont mean to hi-jack this thread but does anyone know about velocity stacks for my old Carbd' bird?