CBR1100XX.org Forum

aftermarket rims

Mitch_1100xx

He might have a few left but after all the FU's by Cariblahblah Mike stopped being a distributor for them. At least thats what he told me when I was at his shop last week.

They are REALLLLLLY sweet wheels.

He might have a few left but after all the FU's by Cariblahblah Mike stopped being a distributor for them. At least thats what he told me when I was at his shop last week.

They are REALLLLLLY sweet wheels.

WOW -- I didn't realize he had finally had it. Mike was the sole reason that I ended up with the clear anodized rims (like Byrdman posted above). Very sweet wheels for the money, but without Mike in the equation, I wouldn't take a chance on dealing directly with Carozzerria. FWIW, when Mike handled the Group Buy, 6 inch wheels (for 190s) were one of the options.

yea i here it is. i have a full D&D on the way.. for it.

IPB Image

as im sure you can imagine a nice 210 or 200 would look pretty good on it. not overkill, just right.

i was under the impression that no one made a swingarm extension for the XX....

Can you give us details on where to get it... price... fitment... etc..

that arm is a custom 1 off arm, however, if you go to www.tracdynamics.com, they make extended arm for the XX and better yet (as i found out yesterday on the quest for a big tire) they also make a 240 widetire kit as well. the company i got mine done at were total scam artists and went under. However track dyn. doesnt really offer adjustability in theirs. where as mine i can slide back and forth from +4 to +10. mine sits at 7.

as for fitment. its goes right on. brake hanger pops onto a custom track. ****** you will need a new set of brake lines, and new shock or spring or both****** you will also need an undertail. to get somthing like this done it will cost around 1200- 1500 usd complete. i payed 2000 canadian.

1st off... that is a beatiful bird... the blue and polished look is sweet!! The white lenses really add to the bike... especially with the white lightening! :icon_clap:

I apologize for asking this... I am not being critical of your choice on the swing arm. I know absolutely 0 about drag racing/frame dynamics. :icon_redface:

With having that amount of adjustability within the swingarm... is that not a critical point for cracking/bending/breaking from the torque generated from a launching the bike at the line? From the angle of the picture shown, it looks like about 8 to 10 inches of adjustability. Which means for that length, the swing arm has the thinnest amount of metal to absorb torque.

Or does it not really matter at that part of the swing arm? :icon_think:

yea that is true. this arm of mine however was built with massive chunks of almn welded inside for strength, as well as on the inner part of the arm there are trianle supports. you are right though the further out the weaker. though so far the arm has been good. i have a big honking shock/ spring, and i usuall (until recently lol) ride my ex g/f on it. she was around 100 lbs. nothing ever happened. so i think the arm is strong enough.

with that being said the welder claimed it was good for around 300 HP on the rear wheel. if i really wantedd more i could go to trac dynamics and order a lower brace and weld it on. that thought has occcured.

all in all though the setup is pretty solid and the shock/spring dampens it a bit.

next season, this season 50% of the time the bike was all apart, it was really under changes. next year im gunna dyno it too. i had no time this year in between work and school.

but yea.....so are there any other rims that you guys know of? im trying to just shop around for the time being find out what kinda cash im looking at.

PM makes a 6.25 wheel.

really? well i know they do but i dont think they make one for the blackbird. see i was talking to track dynamics about a wide tire kit and they said we make one for the XX but your screwed for the front cuz pm doesnt have a rim for the xx. so you have a fat tire kit with a dub back and stock front LOL.

your screwed for the front cuz pm doesnt have a rim for the xx.

Wonder how Randy got his mounted up, then? :icon_think:

I would check with PM, myself, and not trust what some shop says.

yea im gunna hav to now i was under the impression that they didnt make em for the XX. i know a few rather tallented ppl were able to do some wild retrofitment. see i need a tire as wide as possable well within reason. 6.25-6.5 is ideal. i have about a half inch wider arm with the strech and am really shooting for a 210 metzler me 880 but until latley i was shit outta luck. im definatly gunna check with PM though.