CBR1100XX.org Forum

More CCT talk

K-TOOL

I have the CCT buzz. The bike('03) is at 15,000 miles now but the buzz has been there for about 4,000 miles. Is this thing in danger of breaking? Is this something that needs to be addressed soon or whenever I get around to it? I need the bird running good cause its my primary transpotation and my adrenaline pimp :cool: .

I know Rockmeupto125 just did an order of X-11 CCTs which is what you need to fix the problem. Watch the forum and when they do another order from Japan have 'em send you one, runs about 50 bucks with shipping. A standard CCT will work for a short period of time if the noise bothers you. You can "see" the noise by removing the screw in the center of the CCT and watching the slotted screw in the hole vibrate with the RPM. Never heard of damage occuring, it's just annoying.

When i started to hear the noise, i only made 2500 miles more on it, just because i really hate to hear that noise !

Every Saturday morning i can, i say to my wife "i'm just gonna drink my coffee", and there i go to my nearest favourite twisties road (we have to say something, don't we ?). As the road (and turns) are really tight, i can't always run at high speeds, and the noise becomes a lot more evident. :evil:

I've never heard (or read) a cam chain problem caused by the CCT, some of them with a large thousand miles on it, but my honda dealer told me that the noise is from the cam chain scraping, which can lead to a premature wear out of the chain. Besides, cct replacement is a lot less expensive than a cam chain replacement.

On my bike, i started to hear a buzz, but a few thousand miles later i could hear a rattling noise also. I just couldn't stand the rattling noise.

On the other hand, i keep hearing about Bird's with a lot of miles on it with the noisy CCT, so i guess you don't have to stop riding right away just because of a bad cct

I would have to differ on the "cause" of the noise. The chain isn't scrapeing, the tensioner is rattling. The spring that pushes the tensioner against the chain isn't stiff enough. You can watch it by removing the screw plug and looking down the hole. It doesn't move hardly at all until you hit the magic rpm then it vibrates.

Get the X-11 CCT by any means necissary!!! I got one from Joe, put it in this weekend, and OMG!!! It's a new bike. Smooth as silk. The rattling bugged me but I didn't realize how much vibration it was causing also. Granted it was still smooth, but now 7 grand on up it's eerily smooth, and quiet. Wish I had done it before my 1100 miler......

Mine was bad for about 45k miles. No problem, and I barely noticed it. Putting on the X11 model did make it much quieter, and I'm glad I did it. After another 7k or so, the new CCT has had no problems, while the first one started making noise at under 1k.