CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cycle Gear=Good, Michelin Pilot Road=Not So Good

BlkLightning

When I was up in vegas this weekend my front end started feeling funny, The belts came apart in my pilot road front tire and left a 1 inch wide and 1/4 inch tall bulge all the way around the tire off center. Missed out on a day of riding due to it, but thankfully the friendly neighborhood Cycle Gear replaced the tire under warrany. I ended up having to put a sportec on the front because they were out of pilots. I didnt see any tire mix problems in the ride home today. I will end up replacing my rear with a sportec prolly and just replace em both with avons after I shred the the sportecs. When in vegas stop by and see the guys and girls at the Cycle Gear they're good people.

The belts came apart in my pilot road front tire and left a 1 inch wide and 1/4 inch tall bulge all the way around the tire off center.

I have about 1,000 miles on my Pilot Roads now and noticed that there almost appears to be a line all the way around the rear tire that is just left of center. Not that it feels raised or like a crease but it just looks like someone took a pencil and held it against the tire while it was turning.

Did you ever have anything that appeared to look like that before the tire came apart?

I'm a little concerned after reading your posting.