CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dynojet

wizzie_ro

Talking to my friends last weekend i came to an idea!

I want to buy a dynojet kit for my '98 bird, but first of all i want to ask you guys what are the benefits and the other things that i should expect from to bike after that...

I use to have an vtr 1000 superhawk before and i'm fresh with this bike and i've made so far only 1000 miles!

For an example this weekend i have made an 400 miles trip and it took 11 galons wich means around 0.28 gallons for each 10 miles! Is that good or bad or it could be better??

Please help me with some info from your experience with this bike! :icon_eek:

I would get an air/fuel reading before spending the money on a jet kit. If you a/f mixture is good there is really no reason for putting a jet kit in. Yes a jet kit will help with the flat spot, but I dont believe that it totally eliminates it. And unless you are going to install the kit by yourself this is a rather expensive mod for such little change. Thats just my .02

My Dyno-Jet kit really helped my97. Totality removed the flat spot. People say it makes the mpg worse, I never check it and don't care.

My experience with cars, if you're going to go fast it will take some gas, same with the bike, if you go with a djet kit, your mileage will drop, right now i get 43 mpg with stock carbs. My mission is for a good commuter and errand runner. Plenty fast is a stock XX. The decision to get a djet kit is entirely up to the mission, and the master. But you really need to check the a/f as well. Installation could be a rip off if you don't have the ability to do it your self.

Jet

I have a 98 bird as well and have done the stage 1 dynojet kit, have K&N filter as well. In my opinion it's worth doing but I would highly recomend it is done in conjunction with Dyno tune, it gets the jetting exactly right, tailor made to the bike. When mine was done I didn't have to use all the bits that came with the kit, ironed out the flat spot and gave me a good flat power curve, the before and after print out from the dyno was amazing, didn't really gain any more power (135 hp at back wheel) but it pulls like a 15 year old. The only and slight downside is the power delivery is a little brutal (and addictive) from low speeds. I can't remember how much I paid for the kit but it cost me about $300.00 aus to get it fitted and tuned. I can if prudent still get 300ks to a tank (doesn't happen very often) usually average 250ks but if you get up it, it can drop to under 200 ks a tank

Talking to my friends last weekend i came to an idea!

I want to buy a dynojet kit for my '98 bird, but first of all i want to ask you guys what are the benefits and the other things that i should expect from to bike after that...

I use to have an vtr 1000 superhawk before and i'm fresh with this bike and i've made so far only 1000 miles!

For an example this weekend i have made an 400 miles trip and it took 11 galons wich means around 0.28 gallons for each 10 miles! Is that good or bad or it could be better??

Please help me with some info from your experience with this bike! :icon_eek:

my 98 got a two bros 4-1, a K&N, and a Dynojet Stage 1 Kit all at once. They are all part of the same system so I'd make it breathe better on both ends and make sure the gas/air mixture and amount of gas you can get to it is right. you really dont want to hunt that down with trial and error down the road. I agree on putting on the EGA and even a dyno before doing mods.

I got Two Bros & Dynojet on a conference call and we hashed it out over the phone. we hit a collective homer as the bird sings, still gets good gas milage with no poping or backfires (except at 10,000ft)

What they came up with was different than the insturctions printed.

So, djet kit does not lower the comsuption at low rpm as i expected, it only increases the power at high rpm and lower miles per gallon! hmm, still wondering what to do... still wondering if the setup is right, i'd better go check it out... :icon_eek:

I got Two Bros & Dynojet on a conference call and we hashed it out over the phone. we hit a collective homer as the bird sings, still gets good gas milage with no poping or backfires (except at 10,000ft)

What they came up with was different than the insturctions printed.

So what was the difference from the printed instructions?