CBR1100XX.org Forum

MARBLE

XXMAN

I like the cultured stone look on fireplaces. You could somehow attach some cement board to the marble, slap on some mortar, and attach some kind of cultured stone to it like Eldorado, Rox Pro, or Cultured Stone brand stone (stacked stone looks cool). Guess it depends on how much marble, how it is situated on the fireplace, and your budget. Post a pic of the fireplace ...it will be easier to give you ideas.

I have ugly ass red brick on my fireplace. I'd like to install some Eldorado either over my red brick or in place of the brick (remove it altogether). Check out the pic of the stone I installed on the kitchen pennisula.

Steve

post-2626-1156201855_thumb.jpg

post-2626-1156201869_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually I'm interested in this in a different way...

My fireplace has polished marble on the bottom inside the firebox and outside and around the front. I want to try to use the fireplace but Tina says that it's not a working fireplace because of the marble. That it could be if it wasn't for the marble.

Is this right? What happens when you burn wood on a marble fireplace? Does it crack the marble? Or is she mistaken?