CBR1100XX.org Forum

air horn

Canadian Bird

I'm looking for an AIR HORN for the Bird. I just want to swap horn for horn. No fuss no muss. Can someone provide the part # and the best choice. Thanks, C.B.

won't be that easy. You will need to install a compressor and also a relay switch and run some air lines from the compressor to the horns.

I did it and its not worth it. Used it once and pulled it all off and popped the stocker back on the bike.. I have seen some other nautilas (sp) horns that are suppose to put out 132db

:icon_eek: "I did it and its not worth it. Used it once and pulled it all off and popped the stocker back on the bike "............................................................................

:icon_think: .........Your'e kidding?

:icon_biggrin:

Go back to sleep and dream about beating John Force in the 1/4 or something.. :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_eek: "I did it and its not worth it. Used it once and pulled it all off and popped the stocker back on the bike "............................................................................

:icon_think: .........Your'e kidding?

:icon_biggrin:

Go back to sleep and dream about beating John Force in the 1/4 or something.. :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_eek: You goofy-ass Red Neck put airhorns on your friggin Blackbird? :icon_eek: Did you have one on top of each mirror? damn! where did you mount the "Dual Antenna's Whippin in the Wind".........................

:icon_eh: ........... :icon_hand: nevermind. :icon_biggrin: Did I show you my lawnmower?.........................

[attachmentid=2588]

+1

Make sure you install a relay circuit to power the horn, it's fairly easy to fry the horn circuit with aftermarket horns.

Have you actually mounted this horn? Where did you put it?

Buddy at work has a Suzuki M50 cruiser and the guys on their site actually mount it inside the tool box under the sidecover. Even inside there, almost airtight, it's super loud! I want one.

The only spot I found to mount it is under the tank, over the transmission, where the Cali. evap. can goes.

I bought 3 horns from JC Whitney for the Ducati and Bird, had the same on my Bandit.

You can find it "SUPER BLASTER" or something like that, looks like OEM but bigger and you will have to monkey around with the brackets but it a easy swap and very loud !

It sounds like auto/truck horn and not the moped tweet of the OEM.

I put my Stebel Nautilis air horn in the tail. Plenty louder than stock, and sounds like a european horn.... not the crappy beep beep Jap horn.

Cehck out this write up on motorcycle horns.

Love to see a few pics of how this was done. Have one on the shelf ready to install.