CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who is the mileage king??

Eric_The_Jew

Just wanted to see what kind of mileages people have on their bike. I've already seen several members who have over 50K, but it would be interesting to see if anyone has surpassed the 100K mark. Please list any noteworthy problems you've encountered if you're part of the high mileage club (e.g. carb rebuild, cam chain replacement, etc. etc.) Thanks! :icon_razz:

I'm not anywhere near the top but I know at least one rider on here with over 100K on there bike. My guess it probably at least one or two more...

There was a courier in Europe that I think has the record.... if I'm not mistaken it was 350K on it...

I'm not anywhere near the top but I know at least one rider on here with over 100K on there bike. My guess it probably at least one or two more...

There was a courier in Europe that I think has the record.... if I'm not mistaken it was 350K on it...

This was in England, and he had over 400K on the bike. No major repairs, engine was never apart....

Mine now has nearly 85.000K on the bike, and still never had anything mechanical done to it (except the CCT). Never had to have the valves re-adjusted, original clutch-plates, third sprocket and chain....

It's just the electrics that give me the headache.... Recifiers, alternators, complete wiring loom etc.... (1999 model).

Yesterday I passed 95,000 kms and should have 100,000 kms by Labour Day. '02. 3rd chain and spockets, 3rd Cam Chain, 5th set of tires, 1 stator, 3rd set of plugs, 4th set of brake pads, 2nd replaced fork oil, 2 valve adjustments, 3rd brake/clutch flush, 500 washes and waxes.

Yesterday I passed 95,000 kms and should have 100,000 kms by Labour Day. '02. 3rd chain and spockets, 3rd Cam Chain, 5th set of tires, 1 stator, 3rd set of plugs, 4th set of brake pads, 2nd replaced fork oil, 2 valve adjustments, 3rd brake/clutch flush, 500 washes and waxes.

Are you on your 3rd cam chain or cam chain tensioner?

Wow your mechanic is either making alot of money on you or you have had the only XX that has needed it's valves adjusted twice with only 62000 Miles! Or you are really are anal and do everything the book says.

I just turned 50,000 Miles and am on 3rd set of plugs, 3rd Chain, 2nd set of sporckets, 2nd set of brake pads, 1 brake and cluth fluid swap, 1 radiator flush, 1 fork oil swap, never adjusted the valves and never changed my CCT on my 02', oh and one Givi Key repair.

Just wanted to see what kind of mileages people have on their bike. I've already seen several members who have over 50K, but it would be interesting to see if anyone has surpassed the 100K mark. Please list any noteworthy problems you've encountered if you're part of the high mileage club (e.g. carb rebuild, cam chain replacement, etc. etc.) Thanks! :icon_razz:

Hi Eric, my 98xx (bought it brand new in 2000) marks 122k. today. I know that i am still a rookie to compare with other veterans out there. I just want to prove the fact that our Bird is one of the most reliable 2 wheels, that's all. Last November Mr. Shawn (member of BARF) checked, adjusted the valves the very first time of its lifetime and was surprised that only 4 of them need to be replaced. Beside routine maintenance, i have had replaced 2 stators, 2 rr, 1 battery, 1 water pump, 1 igniction key & 1 CCT. BTW, i used Shell Rotella T 15-40 and WalMart ST6607 filter from the first day after i did some research from the net. I doubt if she ever need to be replaced, but when that day comes, i will be looking for nothing else but another XX since my 122k. still smokes those "Fast and Furious" wanna be. :icon_biggrin:

Hi Eric, my 98xx (bought it brand new in 2000) marks 122k. today. I know that i am still a rookie to compare with other veterans out there. I just want to prove the fact that our Bird is one of the most reliable 2 wheels, that's all. Last November Mr. Shawn (member of BARF) checked, adjusted the valves the very first time of its lifetime and was surprised that only 4 of them need to be replaced. Beside routine maintenance, i have had replaced 2 stators, 2 rr, 1 battery, 1 water pump, 1 igniction key & 1 CCT. BTW, i used Shell Rotella T 15-40 and WalMart ST6607 filter from the first day after i did some research from the net. I doubt if she ever need to be replaced, but when that day comes, i will be looking for nothing else but another XX since my 122k. still smokes those "Fast and Furious" wanna be. :icon_biggrin:

Very, very impressive! I've read a lot about the Super Tech oil filters as well, and they appear to be quality items (despite what the price would lead you to believe). Do you have to add any oil in between changes?

Yesterday I passed 95,000 kms and should have 100,000 kms by Labour Day. '02. 3rd chain and spockets, 3rd CCT, 5th set of tires, 1 stator, 3rd set of plugs, 4th set of brake pads, 2nd replaced fork oil, 2 valve adjustments, 3rd brake/clutch flush, 500 washes and waxes.

Wow your mechanic is either making alot of money on you or you have had the only XX that has needed it's valves adjusted twice with only 62000 Miles! Or you are really are anal and do everything the book says.

I just turned 50,000 Miles and am on 3rd set of plugs, 3rd Chain, 2nd set of sporckets, 2nd set of brake pads, 1 brake and cluth fluid swap, 1 radiator flush, 1 fork oil swap, never adjusted the valves and never changed my CCT on my 02', oh and one Givi Key repair.

Both, I follow the book and probably over-service my Bike.

Very, very impressive! I've read a lot about the Super Tech oil filters as well, and they appear to be quality items (despite what the price would lead you to believe). Do you have to add any oil in between changes?

Not a single ounce, Eric. I do change oil and filter every 2K so i am not sure what would happen if it did not have the oil change at 3 or 4K. It's a jungle out there as we all know, so i would like my bike to be on top condition all the time. :icon_biggrin: Congratulations on your bike and i am sure you will enjoy it for a long long time as most of us here do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockmeupto125

I was searching for a picture of stock clip-ons and came across this picture I took mid-summer last year...some place in Nebraska, I think. [attachmentid=2709]

post-33-1156133293_thumb.jpg

When I sold my GSX750ES it had 255.000 km on it. 220.000 km of those was mine.

I didn't have any other vehicle, so I rode it all year for 8 years. I had to change

the stator 4 times, and a new suspension spring. And several miner problems emerged.

But it was a reliable bike. Had a trip down to Austria one year. Next year was down to Spain

and back. Then a round tour in Europe.

When I was in Austria i had to shorten the chain 10cm. About 4 inch. Then rode back to Norway.

The Chain and sprocket is mounted on a board. Pics will be attached.

The 97 'bird I have ridden 36.000 km, and the new bird 1900 km.

That is about 258.000 km or 154.491 miles on a bike.

In a car it is the double. :icon_whistle:

post-3470-1156349100_thumb.jpg

post-3470-1156349117_thumb.jpg

post-3470-1156349135_thumb.jpg