CBR1100XX.org Forum

After market exhaust system

pdsw60

Who makes the best 4 to 1 exhaust system for the XX. I'm going to replace the OEM on by 03 very soon. I'm looking for best performance. I will be installing a PCIII also. Thanks

TiForce, but it's spendy.

If you're on more of a budget, go with the Akrapovic

Who makes the best 4 to 1 exhaust system for the XX. I'm going to replace the OEM on by 03 very soon. I'm looking for best performance. I will be installing a PCIII also. Thanks

I bought an Akra. for mine a few years ago after much research, after installing it I realized the fairing needed trimmed after they told me it wouldn't and the entire system needed to be removed to change the oil filter since removing it was impossible as one manifold pipe was rubbing against the oil filter. I never started the engine. I called them and they requested several photo's which I sent, after two more calls to Europe I told him I was presently designing a new website about his exhaust system and technicians that would put a Blackbird on a dyno with the exhaust rubbing the oil filter and make a run with it. In conclusion I told him he was full of crap, that this was some computer designed system that they never physically installed on a bike and that his Dyno results he sent me were boguss, he sent me a return sticker and gave me a full refund. I bought a Two Bro's full system 28000 miles ago and it still runs fine, no rust, still quiet.

I bought an Akra. for mine a few years ago after much research, after installing it I realized the fairing needed trimmed after they told me it wouldn't and the entire system needed to be removed to change the oil filter since removing it was impossible as one manifold pipe was rubbing against the oil filter. I never started the engine. I called them and they requested several photo's which I sent, after two more calls to Europe I told him I was presently designing a new website about his exhaust system and technicians that would put a Blackbird on a dyno with the exhaust rubbing the oil filter and make a run with it. In conclusion I told him he was full of crap, that this was some computer designed system that they never physically installed on a bike and that his Dyno results he sent me were boguss, he sent me a return sticker and gave me a full refund. I bought a Two Bro's full system 28000 miles ago and it still runs fine, no rust, still quiet.

We gotta meet somewhere here in SE Fl.

I don't understand your resent posts !

I have a full Akro system that Blais Cycle installed just over 35,000 miles ago and have faithfully done my own oil changes every 3500 miles or so and never removed any plastic.

There was no cutting when the installation was done either. The oil filter is tight but is removable from underneath.

By the way who are you and what city do you live in? Or do you prefer to remain anonamous(sp?)

I live in Palm City, 35 miles north of West Palm. if your Akra fits then I guess I'm responsible for them making it work after my miserable experience with them. The Importer in California I bought it from later said I was the first person to buy one of them and apoligized for the inconvenience. Tjad Staerk, ( forgot proper spelling but close ) the engineer that designed the system and sent me the fake computer generated Dyno Chart from Slovania I think determined it WAS installed corectly since there was no physical way to install it wrong from the photo's he requested. Promptly sent me a return label, apology, and full refund!..............This was 2002.

I have a full Akro system that Blais Cycle installed just over 35,000 miles ago and have faithfully done my own oil changes every 3500 miles or so and never removed any plastic.

There was no cutting when the installation was done either. The oil filter is tight but is removable from underneath.

John, does your system exit out the left side like his did? :icon_scratchhead:

I live in Palm City, 35 miles north of West Palm. if your Akra fits then I guess I'm responsible for them making it work after my miserable experience with them. The Importer in California I bought it from later said I was the first person to buy one of them and apoligized for the inconvenience. Tjad Staerk, ( forgot proper spelling but close ) the engineer that designed the system and sent me the fake computer generated Dyno Chart from Slovania I think determined it WAS installed corectly since there was no physical way to install it wrong from the photo's he requested. Promptly sent me a return label, apology, and full refund!..............This was 2002.

More BS ......

I am not sure who you are trying to convince but so far it is not working unless of course you have convinced yourself.

My Akro was installed on my 2001 in 2001 and the decision to buy the Akro was based on results and existing custom maps made for other Birds that had the Akro installed. You got the first ??? Pull your head out of your ass man. There are and have been many Akro systems installed on Birds in Europe many years before you ever had a Bird, if you really do have a Bird at All ??

3500 miles between oil changes? :icon_eek: Poor Honda!

Is that a problem oh great one :icon_rolleyes:

................... :icon_snooty: .................... :icon_eh: ............................. :icon_silenced: ................

RTFM man! With regular old dino oil, Honda reccomends 8,000 mile OCI's... The "poor hondas" are the ones that get changes every 1000 miles, because the more you change the oil, the more the engine wears... Before you come back and say that's not true, do some reasearch on it... It has to do with the few seconds on the first startup when the oil pump is filling up the oil filter and lines up to the head and the engine is running dry... The particles per mile is MUCH higher at the beginning of an oil change, so as long as the oil is still working well and not over-saturated with iron, lead, brass, and silica, and you've still got at least a TBN of 2 you're better off doing longer OCI's.

Mike

hell yes it is, you ignorant slut. i was riding my 94 magna 750, and, i dunno, i must have got a fast one or something, because it was still pulling hard at around 175mph, when i glance down to see my oil change sticker on the speedo.

turns out, i started my high-speed run (salt flats, mind you) 2999.4 miles after my last oil change.

well, that fucker let loose at 3000.1 miles. blew me and my passenger (long story there) back to the pit area. nearly lost my coccyx in that little incident.

craziest thing you've ever seen.

after that, i vowed to never let my oil reach 3000 miles- i change it after every ride. jaunt to the store? 5 quarts. ride IN to work? 4 quarts. ride home FROM work? 5 quarts. i'm on it.

some 'purists' would say that the blackbird should only hold 4 quarts, but i don't let that stop me. hell, even if the crankcase is full, i keep pouring. i've even duct-taped a full quart of oil to the filler neck of the crankcase in case any oil burns/escapes/drips out.

and if you're looking for the secret to a 175mph magna, let me enlighten you:

- totally stock engine

- new rear tire ( i went with a 190 vs. a 180, because of the excessive speeds i would hit, obviously)

- mustang seat

this final touch was the most important. with that seat, 175+mph speeds are possible on the magna all day long. for both me and a passenger.

:icon_lmao:

I went 5K on my last one... :icon_doh: :icon_redface::icon_lol:

WTF! You have to change the oil!!? :icon_eek:

I never read anything in the owner's manual about changing oil..... :icon_shifty:

I never read anything in the owner's manual about changing oil..... :icon_shifty:

That's because you've never owned a bike long enough to have to change the oil :icon_stickpoke::icon_lol:

Mike

That's because you sell the bike before you have a chance to crack open the owner's manual. :icon_biggrin:

EDIT: Dammit, Mike -- beat me to it.

hell yes it is, you ignorant slut. i was riding my 94 magna 750, and, i dunno, i must have got a fast one or something, because it was still pulling hard at around 175mph, when i glance down to see my oil change sticker on the speedo.

turns out, i started my high-speed run (salt flats, mind you) 2999.4 miles after my last oil change.

well, that fucker let loose at 3000.1 miles. blew me and my passenger (long story there) back to the pit area. nearly lost my coccyx in that little incident.

craziest thing you've ever seen.

after that, i vowed to never let my oil reach 3000 miles- i change it after every ride. jaunt to the store? 5 quarts. ride IN to work? 4 quarts. ride home FROM work? 5 quarts. i'm on it.

some 'purists' would say that the blackbird should only hold 4 quarts, but i don't let that stop me. hell, even if the crankcase is full, i keep pouring. i've even duct-taped a full quart of oil to the filler neck of the crankcase in case any oil burns/escapes/drips out.

and if you're looking for the secret to a 175mph magna, let me enlighten you:

- totally stock engine

- new rear tire ( i went with a 190 vs. a 180, because of the excessive speeds i would hit, obviously)

- mustang seat

this final touch was the most important. with that seat, 175+mph speeds are possible on the magna all day long. for both me and a passenger.

I remember when you did that, great times :icon_dance:

Remember when I wheelied the 450 Rebel across the Chesapeke Bay Bridge with 4,000 miles on the oil?

Crazy shit man what were we thinking back then :icon_duh:

I like the two brothers Ti oval system and got them and dynojet on a conference call to get the jetting (it's a 98) settings worked out.

Loved it. Or am I supposed to be talking about oil?

That's because you've never owned a bike long enough to have to change the oil :icon_stickpoke::icon_lol:

Mike

hA!

:icon_smilefingers:

That's because you sell the bike before you have a chance to crack open the owner's manual. :icon_biggrin:

EDIT: Dammit, Mike -- beat me to it.

ha ha

:icon_fingers::icon_fingers:

More BS ......

I am not sure who you are trying to convince but so far it is not working unless of course you have convinced yourself.

My Akro was installed on my 2001 in 2001 and the decision to buy the Akro was based on results and existing custom maps made for other Birds that had the Akro installed. You got the first ??? Pull your head out of your ass man. There are and have been many Akro systems installed on Birds in Europe many years before you ever had a Bird, if you really do have a Bird at All ??........................................

..................Dear John:............I'm not trying to impress anyone, simply stating the facts about MY personal experience with that exhaust system, could be thousands of documented happy customers from that company, all I know is mine pushed out the fairing at the bottom and was hard pressed against the oil filter, two reasons they took it back and gave me a full refund, maybe they sent me the wrong one, I do not know the reason. I don't tell people online they are full of BS when I disagree with them and certainly wouldn't tell someone to pull their head out of their ass either............All I have done here is compliment the XX, no need for your attitude!