CBR1100XX.org Forum

Preparing for TBME...

Obby

So I am a little behind in my prep for the TBME. Parts still left to install...

Chain, sprockets, K&N, HID, Euro light switch, winscreen, Traxxion & Penske suspension, Clear Alternatives fronts, radar detector, and perhaps a new set or rubber.... Oh damn, where's the tylenol!

[attachmentid=1134]

post-147-1149127369_thumb.jpg

So I am a little behind in my prep for the TBME. Parts still left to install...

Chain, sprockets, K&N, HID, Euro light switch, winscreen, Traxxion & Penske suspension, Clear Alternatives fronts, radar detector, and perhaps a new set or rubber.... Oh damn, where's the tylenol!

[attachmentid=1134]

Looks like a sweet three day project to me :icon_dance: Although I'm sure having a room full of new Bird parts will be missed :icon_razz:

Jeeze, Steve, sounds like you've been in on every group buy I've been in on and have similarly gotten it all jammed up against the same deadline.

Today, my Traxxion front suspension arrived and I got a few free hours. So, now the forks are on, the Carozzerria wheels are on, the Superbrace is on (bastards don't tell you that the right rear won't fit between the lower right fork and the delay valve for the LBS unless you do a little grinding on the back of the brace). This, on top of already having had to sand the spacer in the hub for the rear Carozzerria down with emery cloth maybe 1/16" to get it to fit. For that kind of money, you'd think the manufacturers would get even the details right. Thank God I've got a lot of tools and a compressor.

Micron header goes on next, but I expect an issue with the length of the lower radiator mount and the need to improvise there. Radiator grill goes on after that -- hoping no issues. Not sure I'll even attempt the HID or the Speedo Healer or the frame sliders or the right hand light pod (wrong one -- too short), or the Power Commander before the meet. At some point, Murphy raises his head and tells you that you've pushed your luck far enough and that the next mod is going to require some serious bojacking you don't have time for. I wanna ride the bird to a Blackbird meet, and lord knows that if I get too ambitious, Murphy is going to have me riding the FJR.

Well get moving on it. :icon_lol:

Oh and better stock up on Bandaids :icon_razz:

Already changed the oil and filter there Will :icon_wink: . Got myself one of those Honda filter remover's now, So no more of this anymore...

IPB Image

Sounds easier to buy a new bike. :icon_biggrin:

I've tried buying a new bike. They just don't make one that fits me like the XX. Maybe the ZX-14, but that's still an unknown for now.

Jeeze, Steve, sounds like you've been in on every group buy I've been in on and have similarly gotten it all jammed up against the same deadline.

Today, my Traxxion front suspension arrived and I got a few free hours. So, now the forks are on, the Carozzerria wheels are on, the Superbrace is on (bastards don't tell you that the right rear won't fit between the lower right fork and the delay valve for the LBS unless you do a little grinding on the back of the brace). This, on top of already having had to sand the spacer in the hub for the rear Carozzerria down with emery cloth maybe 1/16" to get it to fit. For that kind of money, you'd think the manufacturers would get even the details right. Thank God I've got a lot of tools and a compressor.

Micron header goes on next, but I expect an issue with the length of the lower radiator mount and the need to improvise there. Radiator grill goes on after that -- hoping no issues. Not sure I'll even attempt the HID or the Speedo Healer or the frame sliders or the right hand light pod (wrong one -- too short), or the Power Commander before the meet. At some point, Murphy raises his head and tells you that you've pushed your luck far enough and that the next mod is going to require some serious bojacking you don't have time for. I wanna ride the bird to a Blackbird meet, and lord knows that if I get too ambitious, Murphy is going to have me riding the FJR.

Yep, group buys and more... I forgot to mention what else is on order, flash to pass (hope that works with HID, whatever), hugger, fairing bolt kit, sliders, and few other things :icon_think: . UPS guy told me he thinks he's blowing out his clutch getting up the hill to delivery my packages, about busted out in tears on that comment :icon_twisted:.