CBR1100XX.org Forum

Removing the rear axle nut...

Disolut

it's at the replace line too..... maybe i should. how much can i expect to pay to have the chain and sprockets replaced? $300?

Do it yourself for 210$

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/103238/afamdid-530zvm2-xring-steel-oem-replacement-chain-sprocket-kit-honda.html

Probably close,

If you use Honda OEM sprockets.

I think I was at $275.00 with sprockets direct from a stealer, and a DID xmv? chain from a local shop.

Many use aftermarket sprockets with good results.

Check Ron Ayres and Service Honda for sprocket prices, White Buffalo Racing has good prices on chains and aftermarket sprockets.

Don't forget the chain stake tool. If you can't borrow, you could pay another $100.00 or so for the tool.

it's at the replace line too..... maybe i should. how much can i expect to pay to have the chain and sprockets replaced? $300?

Do it yourself for 210$

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/103238/afamdid-530zvm2-xring-steel-oem-replacement-chain-sprocket-kit-honda.html

thanks for the link... is it worth $35 extra to get anodized alloy as opposed to steel in the rear sprocket?

thanks for the link... is it worth $35 extra to get anodized alloy as opposed to steel in the rear sprocket?

Good question, I went with the steel one but maybe someone will chime in here on weather it's worth the difference. :icon_think:

Good question, I went with the steel one but maybe someone will chime in here on weather it's worth the difference. :icon_think:

I've never used alloy on a street bike but I'll go out on a limb here and guess the extra $35 buys you considerably less life and very minimal weight savings.

How many miles on your bike? Is it the original chain? (you can tell if all the rivets look the same then it's the factory chain). I just replaced my stock chain at 22K miles. The rear sprocket was fine. The front had slight wear so I replaced it.

Aluminum, 5000 miles, Northman's bike-

Wow that looks like shit..

How many miles on your bike? Is it the origional chain? (you can tell if all the rivets look the same then it's the factory chain). I just replaced my stock chain at 22K miles. The rear sprocket was fine. The front had slight wear so I replaced it.

31k miles. i'm assuming it's not the original chain... it was on the bike when i bought it at 28k miles.

I make the axle bolt loose and count the rotation of adjsutment bolts in quarter turn increments. Usually about one full turn takes the slack off. I've verified few times at the beginning and don't even check anymore by measuring. Torque the axle nut back to spec, tighten the adjustment bolts and done.