CBR1100XX.org Forum

NEP Cruise

TitaniumBird

I ordered up an NEP throttle lock after asking around a little. I had to cut a little off the tab that sits between the dual throttle cables and I've found that it does indeed hold the throttle but slowly backs off. I can use the adjuster and tighten to just where it starts to bind with normal throttle function. When set though, it slowly backs off... Anyone run into this and find a solution? I should have just broke the bank and ordered one of the ones that works on the bar end...

I never got the TM to work right, it either backed off really fast or to the point where I shimmed to to where it also dragged the throttle, it would still slowly back off. For $15 or $90 take the NEP if it's going to do the same thing.

I mounted mine a little differently, but I had the same problem at first. It worked and the throttle worked fine, but retracted slowly or hung up. I ended up putting a film of oil on the inside of the throttle grip to make it slippery (between the grip and the NEP lock). I did that probably 4 months ago and haven't had a problem since. It works perfectly.

Guest rockmeupto125

My NEP throttle lock does the same as yours. I never found a fix for it, but I never looked very hard either.

So no help from me except to assure you that its not just you. :icon_biggrin:

I'm thinking about taking it apart, the little cam piece, part of the thumb switch that does the locking. I'm thinking about building that up with a little JB Weld, raise up the lock pressure a little.

Maybe try the oil under the grip idea first, a little tri-flow under there sounds like it might do the trick. I'd like to have it work, I often find that I'd like to have my right hand free for a break, or to warm up this time of year.

I'm thinking about taking it apart, the little cam piece, part of the thumb switch that does the locking. I'm thinking about building that up with a little JB Weld, raise up the lock pressure a little.

Maybe try the oil under the grip idea first, a little tri-flow under there sounds like it might do the trick. I'd like to have it work, I often find that I'd like to have my right hand free for a break, or to warm up this time of year.

Hold off on the JB weld there Ti'bird. When I get home tonight I'll take a pic of how mine is mounted. I have no problem with it creeping.

Oh and tell your deer out there on rt 100 to stay in the friggin woods :icon_evil:

:icon_lol:

I have the cheapy NEP and like you had to cut it to make it fit, then I used some thin twist tie to make it realy tight, looks cheesy but it works.

Now, when you installed it, did you take off the grip, trim it, reinstall it and leave space between the edge of the grip and the edge of the throttle tube to put the NEP? Thats where it belongs...

I found the vista cruise much easier to set up . I had a Nep and trashed it trying to get it working righ. I just added a little aluminum strap to the vista cruise to wrap around one of the cables and coated it in black liquid eletrical tape so it blends in sort of .

my vista cruise never held really well either...gonna remount it and try again but i wanna find a way to rought up both pieces so they will grip better or something

The NEP CC3 installed per suggestions found in other threads on this forum has not caused any throttle binding nor does it slip when levered on. It is also possible to override when necessary.

[attachmentid=483]

Orienting it with the mounting tab down underneath the starter switch box, with a small screw threaded into an also small hole, lined up with the switch box drain hole, allows both sides of the NEP pinchers to "take a set" when asked to hold the throttle. The same action allows the NEP to be overridden by relaxing it's set when necessary. As suggested, the screw should be smaller than the drain hole to allow a little slack in the mounting and to allow water to drain from the switch housing.

[attachmentid=484]

I also gently moved the inner OEM grip lip to the outside of the inner nylon grip stop ridge to remove any contact between the rubber grip and the side of the NEP pinchers. No lubrication necessary.

[attachmentid=485]

post-1023-1144172586_thumb.jpg

post-1023-1144172630_thumb.jpg

post-1023-1144172657_thumb.jpg

That is how I mounted mine too. Works really well, the lube just helped it retract a little better. It locks good and is easy to override if necessary.

The NEP CC3 installed per suggestions found in other threads on this forum has not caused any throttle binding nor does it slip when levered on. It is also possible to override when necessary.

[attachmentid=483]

Orienting it with the mounting tab down underneath the starter switch box, with a small screw threaded into an also small hole, lined up with the switch box drain hole, allows both sides of the NEP pinchers to "take a set" when asked to hold the throttle. The same action allows the NEP to be overridden by relaxing it's set when necessary. As suggested, the screw should be smaller than the drain hole to allow a little slack in the mounting and to allow water to drain from the switch housing.

[attachmentid=484]

I also gently moved the inner OEM grip lip to the outside of the inner nylon grip stop ridge to remove any contact between the rubber grip and the side of the NEP pinchers. No lubrication necessary.

[attachmentid=485]

+1 on this install technique and it has worked fine ever since

:icon_cool: