CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sacred Stool

JuXXtin

IPB Image

As some may remember, I moved from my condo in my house last year. And finally, last weekend I started the first interior (besides the garages, priorities) house project... the main bathroom. Thought I'd share what she looked like before, and what she is now. I have the grout ready to go, but have a 3/4 bath on the LL so it's no major rush. Here's my part to the handyman:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oh, did I mention that I LOVE wallpaper!!!

That was the best looking wallpaper I have ever seen! Why would you get rid of it? :icon_sick: J/K...

It looks great! MUCH better! :icon_thumbsup:

How'd you get the wall paper off?

The best thing that I found is the score it up and put a solution of Downey fabric sofner and water on it and let it soak......comes right off!

That isn't you on the tiles...is it ?

Question....I want to do tiles like that in my upstairs bathroom. What do you put on the floor to make sure it's level before putting the tile down ?

Right now in my upstairs bathroom is shitty laminate tile....and underneath is a plain plywood floor. Do I need to put anything down on top of the wood before tile ? Like that rock stuff ?

It looks great....nice job. Do you cut the tiles yourself ?

What kind of tub are you putting in ?

Keeping that sweet fixture ? If not...sell that baby on ebay !

How'd you get the wall paper off?

Grab a corner and pull off the first layer... no way will water soak through it, then spray soapy water on the nasty underglued layer, wait, spray, then peel... pretty much same as you. It was not original though, it was already updated. I found the original behind the vanity.

That isn't you on the tiles...is it ?

Question....I want to do tiles like that in my upstairs bathroom. What do you put on the floor to make sure it's level before putting the tile down ?

Right now in my upstairs bathroom is shitty laminate tile....and underneath is a plain plywood floor. Do I need to put anything down on top of the wood before tile ? Like that rock stuff ?

It looks great....nice job. Do you cut the tiles yourself ?

What kind of tub are you putting in ?

'Course it's me. Level? Chisel any bumps away from whatever you up and make sure nails are not sticking up. Next, just level with the amount of mortar used throughout the floor... to make subtle lebvels changes and fill in any dips. Then push in the tile into it... or step some to push into place.

If it's a bathroom, then it probably already has a subflooring, so it's up to you really, I pulled up top layer and edges of laminate and just left the rest. Worked great.

Diamond cut saw blade baby.

That is my tub, brand new. What are you saying?

BTW, that mirror was hideous.... unless you are planning on keeping it... :icon_whistle:

Not for the bathroom, I think I'll add it to my garage... in my rubbermaind.

You're gonna keep the lights, right? :icon_wink:

Lights are gonna go great with the mirror, ha.

Thx guys.

And here's today's update:

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...