CBR1100XX.org Forum

Patio Upgrade

DBLXXTC

My wife decided she wanted to turn the patio into a sun room...so i figured i could do it myself and save a few pennies PLUS do it EXACTLY how i want it...without further ado:

The begining: My wifes Grand Pa helping out...he is 83...i took him to the local VFW for a beer and he was mad at me because i took him to a "honky tonk where there was nothing but old people" he actually does not like to be around old people....we took him to the senior center and he refuses to stay there to hang out while we are at work...but that is another story....back to the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have MUCH respect for contractors now...after the tile portion which i just finished about 2 hours ago my knees and back are SHOT!...The neighbors have all been knocking at the door to ask who i got to do it for me....makes me feel good to say me...then the next question is can i help.....HELL NAW...my tools are at their disposal...and my advice....BUT that is some hard ass labor especially when you are doing it by yourself...i should be done in a few more days...not much left except to texture the drywall and paint it, and put boarder around the doors and tile...oh, and paint or brick the outer wall ( have not decided yet)...funny how much you can learn off the internet... :icon_dance:

That looks awesome. :icon_cool:

With those doors it should not cut the light in the house much at all.

thanks...you can't tell the difference at all