CBR1100XX.org Forum

30 day challenge

Redd

OK I know I'm not officially participating in this but somehow I lost around 4 lbs over the past week. I was weighing in between 199 and 202 last week. This AM I was 196. Oddly enough I have eaten poorly several times in the past few days. Friday I had some chicken fajita tacos then Sat I had a GREASY bacon cheeseburger (which sucked btw) and some spanish fries. Then I had some ice cream a few times since. I think maybe my metabolism needed a kick start or something.

OK.......Bad news.........ate crap all weekend (daughter's b-day party) and weighed in at 260 yesterday a.m!!!!! :icon_eek: Haven't weighed that much in 3 years......scary!!

Good news.......ran with the boys for about 40 min's last night at their track practice

Bad news........still weighed 260 last night

Good news.......lost about a lb of it this a.m

I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with me. In the last couple months I've been gaining weight like CRAZY!!! And I don't think I'm eating any worse than I have previously

I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with me. In the last couple months I've been gaining weight like CRAZY!!! And I don't think I'm eating any worse than I have previously

Unfortunately...you're probably just getting older.

As we age our metabolism slows meaning that we can longer eat the same foods and stay the same weight...

If you're concerned about it, I would go get a physical which is always a good thing to do anyways before starting a new diet/exercise regime.

Hang in there!

We're here for you!!!

:icon_wink:

As we age our metabolism slows meaning that we can longer eat the same foods and stay the same weight...

OK.....now you sound just like my wife Melissa.....she just told me the same thing the other day!! :icon_eek: I'm hitting the big 35 in June :icon_hand: :icon_nono: (sidebar.....how come when I click the other fingerwag, it always shows up as "naughty"????

If you're concerned about it, I would go get a physical which is always a good thing to do anyways before starting a new diet/exercise regime. Yeah.........had one back in the fall. Those always strike me as B.S. for the most part. As long as you're breathing & can walk...you're OK. I did ask for a cholesterol check. Came back high. They told me diet/exercise. I told them I am. They said "then take this Rx". I still haven't gotten it filled...Why.....'cause I'm Smuckin' Fart!!!! :icon_wink: :icon_duh:

Hang in there!

We're here for you!!! Thanx

:icon_wink:

Only other thing I'm thinkin' it could be, is that for about 3-5 months last year I was running about 3.5 miles one day, then lifting the next. Weight was still hanging around 245......wasn't losing anything really, but thought maybe I was seeing/feeling some changes in the mirror. Got sick in between Thanksgiving/Christmas & quit for about month or 2. Have picked the running back up last few weeks, though not at the same distance 'cause of the increased weight. Knee has been bothering me again afterwards too.

Anyway.........quit that about 4 months ago, but wondering if my sudden weight increase the last 6 weeks or so is tied to that............delayed reaction???

OK.....now you sound just like my wife Melissa.....she just told me the same thing the other day!! :icon_eek: I'm hitting the big 35 in June :icon_hand: :icon_nono:

Sorry about sounding like your wife... :icon_redface:

Only other thing I'm thinkin' it could be, is that for about 3-5 months last year I was running about 3.5 miles one day, then lifting the next. Weight was still hanging around 245......wasn't losing anything really, but thought maybe I was seeing/feeling some changes in the mirror. Got sick in between Thanksgiving/Christmas & quit for about month or 2. Have picked the running back up last few weeks, though not at the same distance 'cause of the increased weight. Knee has been bothering me again afterwards too.

Anyway.........quit that about 4 months ago, but wondering if my sudden weight increase the last 6 weeks or so is tied to that............delayed reaction???

Er....umm....

I'm guessing that's probably it!!!

You used to be working out and now you're not, but still eating the same...

Ding, ding, we have a winner! :icon_biggrin:

Seriously, I think exercise is the key to weight loss.

If exercise feels too hard on your body, then you should focus on losing a few pounds by just eating better.

Then, once you've lost a little bit of weight 5-10 lbs., get started with exercise again...

That's what I did and I feel much better even after only losing 6 pounds so far.

Losing and gaining fat is a funny thing.....

You can eat right and excersize and not lose an ounce on the scale for a long time, and then wake up and BAM 3-4 pounds gone. The reason for this is when your body loses fat....it replaces the fat lost with water....after your body realizes that its really not coming back....it will lose the water that took the fats place....

When you gain weight at the rate you are, it almost works in the opposite manner....for every glycogen store you have, your body attaches 2 water molecules to it.....your body is storing glycogen because you arent burning it up with excersize. so you are gaining....that is in no way "All" fat, alot of it is water.

You also have to take into consideration that your wife is expecting.....When I was preggers, when I gained weight...so did hubby. He actually developed cravings too. I would have to run to the grocery store and buy him pecan praline ice cream cause he "needed" it. The cashiers would laugh at me cause they thought it was for me! :icon_lol:

Or you could be getting your period soon. :icon_lol::icon_wink:

Whatever the case...once that new baby comes home.....you will start up losing again. You wont have time to eat...and whatever time you do have, you will be needing your sleep!

I added you to the list Brett!

Deaconxx---->23 lbs----------(15.4lbs)---------7.6 lbs lost.

Hrgirl--------->20 lbs----------(14.2 lbs)--------5.8 lbs lost.

Flitemdic------>15 lbs---------(9.4 lbs)----------5.6 lbs lost.

Richardcranium ?? lbs---------(?? lbs)-----------4 lbs lost.

Airbornexx---->8 lbs-----------(6lbs)------------2 lbs lost.

Exskibum----->20 lbs----------(18lbs)-----------2 lbs lost.

XXtailweight---->8 lbs----------(6lbs)------------2 lbs lost.

Joelmikel------>15 lbs----------(13lbs)-----------2 bs lost.

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(5.5lbs)----------1.5 lbs lost.

DBLXX------->78 lbs------------(78lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Squareman-->18 lbs------------(18lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Fuzz---------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Obby--------->13.5 lbs----------(13.5lbs)---------0 lbs lost.

TFT------------>4 lbs-------------(4lbs)------------0 lbs lost.

St.pete-------->20 lbs------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Barry G------->13 lbs------------(13lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Slfxx----------->23 lbs----------- (23lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Hobicus-------->20 lbs------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Fonzie---------->32 lbs------------(32lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Obby----------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Organdonor--->98 lbs------------ (98lbs)--------- 0 lbs lost.

Kryptkeeper--->20 lbs-------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Beondwacko--->12 lbs-------------(12lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

EVLXX---------->15 lbs-------------(15lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Mikey----------->4 lbs--------------(4lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Er....umm....

I'm guessing that's probably it!!! Yeah, I know......I'm just a bit confused about the delayed reaction. The weight didn't start hitting me until the last couple months.....seems like it took a few months to start showing up.

You used to be working out and now you're not, but still eating the same...

Ding, ding, we have a winner! :icon_biggrin:

Losing and gaining fat is a funny thing.....

You can eat right and excersize and not lose an ounce on the scale for a long time, and then wake up and BAM 3-4 pounds gone. The reason for this is when your body loses fat....it replaces the fat lost with water....after your body realizes that its really not coming back....it will lose the water that took the fats place....

When you gain weight at the rate you are, it almost works in the opposite manner....for every glycogen store you have, your body attaches 2 water molecules to it.....your body is storing glycogen because you arent burning it up with excersize. so you are gaining....that is in no way "All" fat, alot of it is water.

You also have to take into consideration that your wife is expecting.....When I was preggers, when I gained weight...so did hubby. He actually developed cravings too. I would have to run to the grocery store and buy him pecan praline ice cream cause he "needed" it. The cashiers would laugh at me cause they thought it was for me! :icon_lol:

Or you could be getting your period soon. :icon_lol::icon_wink:

Whatever the case...once that new baby comes home.....you will start up losing again. You wont have time to eat...and whatever time you do have, you will be needing your sleep!

You 'da shit Anna.........Is there anything that you don't know about??? :icon_razz: I've wondered about if I was gaining sympathy weight. I've been joking about it........only problem is that my wife will be losing hers in a few weeks, and I'll still be.....FAT!! :icon_wall: BTW........Praline Pecan ROCKS!!! :icon_dance:

Yeah, this weeks gonna be a dud for me too. I had the flu for three days and barely ate anything and didn't DO anything either. Jumped on the scale yesterday morning just for giggles (I hadn't eaten anything besides a couple juice boxes and some mini-wheats for running on three days) and I weighed in at 134... but I'm pretty sure the Sunday am weigh-in isn't gonna show any real improvement now that I'm actually eating again.

I think I'll be okay....the water I was retaining seems to be dropping off.

Ate great...got alot of excersize in before I fricken hurt my neck....

yesterday and today are shot...

Its damn near 70 degrees out and I cant even ride my new bike!

I hit that shit hard today. Thought I was going to puke and then pass out. :icon_biggrin:

Not sure why actually since the workout itself isnt that hard. I just got winded and kept on hammering.

Hey you did better than me!!! My weigh in said I lost 1 whole whopping pound! :icon_lol:

Adjusting stats

Deaconxx---->23 lbs----------(14.2lbs)---------8.8 lbs lost.

Hrgirl--------->20 lbs----------(14.2 lbs)--------5.8 lbs lost.

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(4.5lbs)----------2.5 lbs lost.

Airbornexx---->8 lbs-----------(6lbs)------------2 lbs lost.

DBLXX------->78 lbs------------(78lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Friday weigh in for me says... 0 pounds lossed.

I've been working my ass off all week...

my body hasn't hurt this bad in.... well along time.

and I've changed my diet... 6-7 small meals a day... pronient and fiber...

still nothing.

I'm just figureing it's just going to take a little longer...

OK. starting on next week.

Melissa.... what is that shit....

point 2

:icon_lol:

More adjustmensts.....congrats to all the losers!!!

Deaconxx---->23 lbs----------(14.2lbs)---------8.8 lbs lost.

DBLXX------->78 lbs------------(70lbs)-----------8 lbs lost.

Hrgirl--------->20 lbs----------(14 lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Airbornexx---->8 lbs-----------(5lbs)------------3 lbs lost.

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(4.5lbs)----------2.5 lbs lost.

Friday's weigh-in... Up .5~1lb. :icon_eh: . Don't really get it as I've been working out with cardio and weights. I worked out for 2.5 hours at a time, twice this week. This just sucks. I think I'm getting bigger, not smaller :icon_frown:

...and hungry as hell!

Plus...I am starve myself.

Not really...but I skip a lot of meals !!!!!

Not good Dave... :icon_naughty:

Not good at all...

You still need to eat...

Friday's weigh-in... Up .5~1lb. :icon_eh: . Don't really get it as I've been working out with cardio and weights. I worked out for 2.5 hours at a time, twice this week. This just sucks. I think I'm getting bigger, not smaller :icon_frown:

...and hungry as hell!

It's difficult to know what is happening with your body, but I'll go with the "your gaining muscle mass" point of view...

Actually, if you have recently started working out again, that is probably the truth...

But it sucks to hear.. :icon_wall:

Keep at it...you should see some weight loss in the next couple of weeks...