CBR1100XX.org Forum

99 engine caboom (update)

silvertippr2001

well guys hello again, to refresh your memories I'm the guy who's brother fried the hart of the unbreackeble bird. At least we now it could be done. back to reality ok here it goes, don"t ask me how because I don't now. looks like went out on bearings on the rods and damage the crankshaft , so now I need to get one connecting rod, the crankshaft and bearings. if any one of you guys now by any chance were can I buy those parts please let me now. thanks

I would buy bearings new. They're expensive, but I'd buy them new.

I have a set of connecting rods, I would sell one or all.

I also have a crankshaft, but one rod journal needs to be repaired. Falicon can do it, but it costs. If someone has a good crank, or a good motor, that would be cheaper.

J.

thanks , and yes the bearings are going in new as of rite now was has me consern is the rod and the crackshaft , I,m tring to find a new one or a used but in good condition, but realy I din,t have a clue of were could I find store or motor parts that could have them without been the honda it's self , so if some has some idea of a shop please let me in on it

Guest rockmeupto125

But what caused this failure? These motors don't just go Kaboom...

IIRC, oil pressure.

It'll kill anything.

Why the drop in oil pressure?

Inquisitive minds need to know. :D

Low oil volume....long wheelies......lots of things can contribute.

But what caused this failure? These motors don't just go Kaboom...

IIRC, oil pressure.

It'll kill anything.

Why the drop in oil pressure?

Inquisitive minds need to know. :D

Low oil volume....long wheelies......lots of things can contribute.

Amen to that ... my Nephew's friend had exactly that happen on a Superhawk .... extended wheelies will drai nthe oil out of the front cylinder and kaboom!

I'm not shure what cause the damage because it was not me behind the gas ,it was my brother (yes he is stil alive) but for shure had to be and oil presure problem. a don't realy think he could wheelie be cause he dosen't now how but some thing he did . the thing is that he did not stop when she started the sound and thats what realy make the hell out of the earth com out. At least thats what we are thinking .

You need to find out why the con rod bearings smoked.

If you replace the obvious problems it will just happen again.

Might have plugged oil galley holes, bad oil pump, clogged pick up screen, etc. I don't know the history of this bike.

The 900RR was known to oil starve on wheeelies, I thought Honda moved the oil pick up to the rear of the oil pan on the XX to solve this problem.

I would put in a new oil pump regardless since it's apart.

As has been said, this does not happen.

IMO, buying a new pump is indeed insurance, but if there was no oil to pull, a new pump won't matter. I don't recall if the XX manual has a pump inspection section, but if it does, and it checks out okay, I'd not worry about that.

Inspection and cleaning of the pickup system in general should be done. Inspection and cleaning of the supply path should also be done, but this should all be done on any teardown, IMO.

PR dude:

Take pictures of the crank and call/e-mail Falicon to see what it would cost to repair. This will surely be cheaper than a new crankshaft from Honda. If you want, I have a crank with one rod journal damaged only, which would probably be cheaper to fix than yours.

Is your rod indeed fucked, or is it just the bearings/crank? Download the manual on this site, and start checking out the inspections. IMO, you should run thru the entire motor section for teardown and rebuild. Have you done rebuilds like this before? That entire motor will need to be disassembled and cleaned...

IMO, buying a new pump is indeed insurance, but if there was no oil to pull, a new pump won't matter. I don't recall if the XX manual has a pump inspection section, but if it does, and it checks out okay, I'd not worry about that.

Inspection and cleaning of the pickup system in general should be done. Inspection and cleaning of the supply path should also be done, but this should all be done on any teardown, IMO.

PR dude:

Take pictures of the crank and call/e-mail Falicon to see what it would cost to repair. This will surely be cheaper than a new crankshaft from Honda. If you want, I have a crank with one rod journal damaged only, which would probably be cheaper to fix than yours.

Is your rod indeed fucked, or is it just the bearings/crank? Download the manual on this site, and start checking out the inspections. IMO, you should run thru the entire motor section for teardown and rebuild. Have you done rebuilds like this before? That entire motor will need to be disassembled and cleaned...

RED J , MY CRANK IS LIKE THE ONE YOU HAVE ONLY ONE ROD JOURNAL. THE ENGINE TEARDOWN IS ALREADY BEEN DONE , AS OF NOW IS IN THE CLEANING DEPARMENT AND WATING FOR PARTS. I HAVE AN EXPIRIENCE WITH A BUSA ENGINE SOME TIME AGO WITH A FRIEND ,DID ALMOUST THE SAME THING.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND I'LL BE UPDATING .

BUT WILL DO THAT WITH FALICON JUST TO HAVE A SPARE