CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket parts, Levers revisited=PAZZO's ROCK!

BDAZ XX

I'v read that the original brake lever from Honda was not aerodynamic enough and actually applied some brake at high speed, will these take the shape (profile) of the revised lever or are they just generic and possible apply the brake at speed?

Thanks

Dave

Read the same thing way back when. Order the shortys, There is no way the wind would have the leverage to apply the brake.

Okay, I am going to have to be stupid. Obviously, I see the bling factor in these. And the adjustment wouldn't be bad, but once you get them adjusted you pretty much leave them there. So is there something else I am missing? Sorry for the stupid question. :?

Okay, I am going to have to be stupid. Obviously, I see the bling factor in these. And the adjustment wouldn't be bad, but once you get them adjusted you pretty much leave them there. So is there something else I am missing? Sorry for the stupid question. :?

Yep, how often do you adjust your stock levers?

Me once when I first bought it.

That said, I'll have the shortys in all black for my bling jones please...... :lol:

So is there something else I am missing? Sorry for the stupid question. :?

Not a stupid Q when your spending this kind of money, Rick. :wink:

If you do alot of riding. There is alot less fatigue in your hands and fingers. They are alot more comfortable and conforming to you, when you are using the clutch and brakes. They just give a more positive feel and feedback. 8)

I've been running the CRG's on my RC for a few years now. When I ride a bike with stock levers now, it just feels weird. :?

So is there something else I am missing?  Sorry for the stupid question. :?

Not a stupid Q when your spending this kind of money, Rick. :wink:

If you do alot of riding. There is alot less fatigue in your hands and fingers. They are alot more comfortable and conforming to you, when you are using the clutch and brakes. They just give a more positive feel and feedback. 8)

I've been running the CRG's on my RC for a few years now. When I ride a bike with stock levers now, it just feels weird. :?

So what you are telling me is that I am gonna have to spend some more money?!?!?!?!?! 8) Bling bling baby!

davesXX01 wrote:  

I'v read that the original brake lever from Honda was not aerodynamic enough and actually applied some brake at high speed, will these take the shape (profile) of the revised lever or are they just generic and possible apply the brake at speed?  

Thanks  

Dave  

I seriously think you've been misinformed!  I have never heard of any front brake being applied due to speed or velocity of air going around the brake lever. Most all race teams use this Pazzo type of lever or a stock style lever on Road racing, Drag racing and High Speed Bonniville Salt flats bikes.  

Going back to 96-97 ish I read in some moto mag that the original XX front brake lever had to be re-designed because at high speed it actually created enough drag that it would sometimes trip the brake light switch. NOT apply the brakes.

You Bastards!!! :twisted: :twisted: I was perfectly happy with my levers and didn't even know I need new ones until you guys posted pics of these. Assholes. :lol::lol:

You Bastards!!! :twisted: :twisted: I was perfectly happy with my levers and didn't even know I need new ones until you guys posted pics of these. Assholes. :lol::lol:

I hate them too...... :lol: