CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rear suspension linkage rates??

RodeRash

What you describe would be low-speed and high-speed valving on a shock. A rising-rate linkage decreases the leverage as the suspension compresses, effectively increasing the spring rate as applied at the wheel. This gives a softer ride at normal compression, and helps resist bottoming by raising the rate.

I doubt that the XX has rising-rate linkage, but I don't know. Sport bikes avoid this, same reason they avoid progressive/multi-rate springs.

What you describe would be low-speed and high-speed valving on a shock. A rising-rate linkage decreases the leverage as the suspension compresses, effectively increasing the spring rate as applied at the wheel. This gives a softer ride at normal compression, and helps resist bottoming by raising the rate.

I doubt that the XX has rising-rate linkage, but I don't know. Sport bikes avoid this, same reason they avoid progressive/multi-rate springs.

This is correct--All Hondas have rising rate linkage--its how they pass their own two-up off a curb scenario---on the 929 I actually got rid of this via an imitation HRC dogbone/plates from DK---it eliviates the power-on squat that the rising rate produces under heavy track acceleration---makes the travel/spring rate alot more linear