CBR1100XX.org Forum

Spark plugs?

joeblackbird99

Got mine through www.Ronayers.com Went with the iridiums about 5k ago, I haven't noticed any huge difference yet. I pulled the stockers out at 10k, they looked like brand new, nice tan porcelin, etc. I only bought online because I was getting some tires and other stuff, so shipping wasn't an issue with me. Might be worth it just to go to the local dealer to save on shipping. Call em first, if they have to order, you'll pay shipping anyways.

Later, Sean.

You might check out some of your local auto parts stores. Our local O'Reily's store has great prices on NGK plugs.

Is the choice of a spark plug worth a debate or is this another good example of the "oil wars"?

Might look into changing mine.. but I'm afraid to ask why I should pay double or triple price for a "better" plug...

I couldn't even get the Platinum Plugs through NAPA!!! They were unavailable. I think Honda has moved some bikes to the Iridiums (post 98) and kept 97-98's at the Platinums. Just for availability and the extra 4k miles, I went with the Iridiums in my 98.

MaXX