CBR1100XX.org Forum

my bird died

zentime

so I'm giving someone a ride last week near Deals Gap and do a 180 spining it around on the front wheel and sidecar wheel with the rear wheel seriously off the ground and the motor cuts out but can restart it in about 15 seconds. Any ideas why? could it be this bank angles sensor thing I just saw someone talk about and can I disconnect it?

zen

I'm sure that's what it was. If the bike doesn't lean, I can see hard turns setting it off. Anything that moves the sensor to the 60 degree mark where it shuts off.

I think you can jumper past it. See the thread in the garage regarding the dead bike where we thought is might be cause by this sensor. He figured out how it works and how to bypass it I think.

My bike has a bad ECM...but originally I thought the cause to be the BAS. The purpose of the BAS is to send voltage to the engine cut relay if the bike tips. The Red/Or wire is suppose to have 0V if you go Red/Or to ground. If the BAS tips to 60deg. as Swampnut stated (my best guess is some type of mercury switch inside)it allows Voltage thru to the Engine cut relay via the Red/Or wire...which opens the relay(ECR) which in turn kills the fuel cut relay(FCR) and kills the bike.

I'm not sure what would happen if you took the red/Or. wire directly to ground so that no voltage ever gets to the ECR(engine cut relay).

As I said my ECM was dead...but I did try doing the above and grounding the wire...but it made no difference in the bike starting..because my ECM was allowing voltage to open up the fuel cut relay. After..... to finally get my bike going I had to force my FCR to close by taking the Br/Bl wire(from FCR to the ECM)directly to ground.

This either helped or now you're totally confused.

Tom

swampnut thanks for the input. I wasn't able to find the thread but will keep looking

Tom, now I'm "informed" confused:-) I'll get out my manual and see if I can figure it out.

Phyisicaly where is the sensor located on my bike?

zen