CBR1100XX.org Forum

Have you tried these tires ?

birdie_xx

I'm due for a new set and although I like the Pilot Road a lot, I'd like to try something different.

Here are the contenders...

Pirelli Diablo Strada - $204 per set....

Continental Road Attack - $222.90 per set...

Continental Contiforce Max - $215.75 per set....

Anyone has any experiance with these ?

Thanks,

Peter, the Pirelli Diablo Stradas are a good tire. They stick real good and give great mileage. I haven't run a set, but know a couple people that have them. TL Streak, at SEXXT on the Suzuki TL 1000, runs them and says that for a "touring tire" the stick is great and the mileage is good too.

I've run the Road Attacks, stuck great handled great.

Rear went 4438 miles till cord. about normal for me.

Front went 6400 miles till bald on sides. no cupping.

On Contiforces now, at 3k miles rear at 3/32nds, front only lost 1/32nd.

They stick, and handle great also. They don't have balls of rubber stuck on them after a hard run like the Road Attacks did so I assume I may get more mileage.

Set of Contiforces for $183 DELIVERED! from

http://www.tireexpress.com/moreinfo.cfm?Pr...Product_ID=7710

picked up a set of Bridgestone 014's

Great tires

$250 a set though.

$250 is mucho for the bt-014. I could get them for less at the dealer. I think Chaparell has them for around $190 or so.

I'll agree that the they are great tires. Sticky and real quick steering.

O'k, after hard and painful (to me) deliberation, readding maaaany both good and stupid tire posts across few boards, I decided to give Pirelli Diablo Strada a try.... I hope I won't be disapointed, because I have to "work" really hard to afford them ! :twisted:

$200.80 for the set, delivered from Dennis Kirk (I mean they should be here Wednesday...)

BTW, their website is a bit inacurate. The tires are in stock........ So I was told. We'll see.

Cheers,

I just had the Pirelli Diablo Stradas mounted on my Bird. My initial impressions are very favorable. They turn quickly with no surprises and the tires are very stable at high speed with no wobble or vibration. There is no tendency to wander or hunt. The front tire also seems to compliment the RaceTech suspension on the front end. I am curious about how they will wear and will post my mileage when I change out the tires.

I bought them from our local Honda shop and my costs were as follows:

120/70-17 #0301-0037 $82.99 PLUS/TAX

180/55-17 #0302-0063 $103.99 PLUS/TAX

INSTALLATION FRONT- $34.95

INSTALLATION REAR- $39.95

The Honda shop is trying to be competitive on tire prices and their mounting and balancing charges are acceptable. Their gimmick is a tire disposal fee which can be avoided by simply asking for the old tires back.

I think they are to "sporty" for my riding style.....

BTW, Pilot Roads - $226 per set....

Cheers,

I just picked up my '99 XX and it has the Piot Roads on it, I feel a bit "insecure" on them, but that may be because I am getting used to the bike itself still (a whoppin 3 days).

I used to run Dunlop 208's on my 600 and never felt like I over extended them. But after 3-4 450+ hard mile riding days they were shot......way too rich for my blood.....

I am happy to have a 180 rear now (old bike was 160) so I may partake of the local "race takeoff" deals.......