CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ordered OEM BT-57 rear. At my wits end.

Pete in PA

Just once I want to see 5k miles out of a rear again. Just about the last tire for me to try. (again)

Ordered Bridgestone BT-57 "F" compound, OEM version.

Since it's made for our bike and it's dual compound maybe it will last.

BTW: got it at Dennis Kirk, they WILL beat any deal by a buck. $119 delivered. Quoted Chaparrals price.

Have you run a Pilot Road? If so how did you do with that?

The 57 always felt greasy to me.

I swaped it out right away for a Pilot Sport. After a few of those(<4K miles) I'm trying a Pilot Road on the rear. Still running a Sport on the front.

So far the Road is holding up pretty well. Chose that as I'm doing more long distance runs this summer.

Leave tomorrow for OR,ID,MT,ID,WA loop.

dan

Yeah, if the Road hold's up well, more then 5.5K miles, then I'll put a Pilot Power on the front and another Road on the rear, next swap.

I talked to a rep about that tire. He said they sell plenty to keep making them. You'll get 5000+ for sure.

Have you measured your pressures when hot? I wouldn't be afriad to go above 42psi. At 42 cold mine were reading 50psi slabbing in Nevada last week and I'll probably see 6000 from that Bridgestone :D

I got 9k out of a Pilot Road rear and 12k out of the front...

Then I discovered how much fun it is to do burnouts :oops:

SuperMaxx Maxxis tyres for me, found that the Bridgestones got slippery as soon as the start wearing down to replacement stage.

Dunlops were the worst, tire only lasted half the thread before you couldn't lean any turn with it.

Maxxis is used in european races, they've given me 25 000 to 30 000 km on the rear. The Bridgestone has only gone up to 15 000km

Maxxis is a dual compaound tire. The centre has a kevlar strip to help keep the tire cooler there, while the sides are sticky as shit. The bike flows into corners, without you ever getting that worrying feeling.

Even after hitting a oil patch on a turn, the front slipped but held up as soon as it left the patch...

Show me another tyre with that claim?

Maxxis = Confidence riding in any conditions...

Hmmm.... I currently have a set of Bridgestone 010 front and 020 rear... just over 5000km for the set and the rear has only just started showing wear signs (the front has 8mm chicken strips and the moulding nubs are still on the sides 'cos I'm a woosie) - the last set was a 057 front 020 rear where the rear gave 14000km with about 2mm left when I changed it 'cos the 057 front was showing smooth rubber - no tread (at 18000km)

Would like to look at the Maxxis next time round, failing which Metezler also looks like a reasonable warm weather tyre.

unless of course the wisdom of the board can give reasons why these are crap decisions... :P

Why are you considering Maxxis? They have a very bad reputation here in Europe.... Cheapest tires you can buy though, but it comes with a problem: they stink!

We had a few guys overhere buying Maxxis because it is so cheap. All of them have thrown them away and bought other tires.....

Too slippery, too dangerous...

Why are you considering Maxxis

Didn't they used to be Cheng Shin (sp?) ? :roll:

I don't remember.... They change names all the time, but yes, it was (and still is) an inferior Chinese or Taiwanese brand....