CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wilber rear shocks

flyv65

Does anyone have any input on the Wilber shocks that seem to be the rage on the BMW boards? My friend (with the R1100S) says the distributor he's dealing with can do bespoke work for considerably less than Olins AND Penske...

Bryan...not cheap, but the missus is unemployed right now...

Hi!

It's a german company. I don't know where you are from but the infos are in german language from:

http://www.bikers-warehouse.de/

Artikelnummer 641-035-00 Bezeichnung Wilbers Federbeine

Motorrad Honda Fahrzeug CBR 1100 XX Black-Bird (*)

Farbe / Form Typ SC 35

Material Baujahr 97,99.00

Produktinfo:

Wilbers Federbeine werden individuell nach Kundenwunsch gefertigt. Ihre Daten ( Fahrergewicht, Einsatzweck, Sozius, oder Gepäckbetrieb ) werden bei der Fertigung, Abstimmung und Einstellung berücksichtigt.

WILBERS Competition mit schlauchverbundenem Ausgleichsbehälter

Vor allem der Ausgleichsbehälter mit seiner Low- und High-Speed Druckstufenverstellung macht aus diesem Federbein einen echten Wettbewerber für die härteren Einsätze. Aufgrund der Platzverhältnisse (Unterbringung des Ausgleichbehälters) wird das Federbein mit einem Behälter am Schlauch geliefert.

Dieses Federbein bietet dieselben Technik-Merkmale und Einstellmöglichkeiten für Federbasis, Zug- und Druckstufe im Low-Speed- und High-Speed-Bereich wie sein Pendant mit aus dem vollen Aluminium gefräster Aufnahme. Der Unterschied liegt lediglich in der Verbindung des Ausgleichbehälters. Diese wird bei diesem Modell durch einen Gewebeschlauch sichergestellt. Das macht dieses Federbein zur idealen Alternative für Straßenmotorräder mit Platzproblemen. Denn durch den flexiblen Schlauch ist eine Anbringung des Ausgleichsbehälters dort möglich, wo Platz ist - z.B. am Rahmenheck, wo auch die Anströmung durch den Fahrtwind für zusätzliche Kühlung sorgt.

Optional: (nicht bei allen Typen verfügbar- bitte anfragen )

mit hydraulischer Federvorspannung + 205.00 €

mit Höhenverstellung + 100.00 €

Maybe you can translate it. Or i can give you more infos when needed.

Cheers from Austria

...Evidently, my buddy is working with a distributor who's trying to get a foothold in the (US) market, and is cutting him a deal on the shocks he needs... something like $550 for a rear shock with high and low compression damping, rebound damping, and preload (remote adjusters and height adjustment available for more dosh).

I thought that was a screaming deal, so if he says he can set up a rear shock for the 'bird, I'll ask him about a group deal...or at least a group discount. From what I hear, he basically builds the shock specifically for each rider. I found the different styles of shocks and accessories at the sebi-moto website, if you want some english translated verbage.

Bryan...holy shit, did I just volunteer?...

German isn't my language pair, but http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

provides online translation services... (I love machine translation! what a way to kill hours laughing!!! :) ):

Article number 641-035-00 designation Wilbers of shock struts motorcycle Honda vehicle CBR 1100 XX Black Bird (*) color/form type sports club 35 material year of construction 97.99,00 product info.:

Wilbers of shock struts are manufactured individually after customer's request. Their data (operator's weight, employment-wake, partner, or luggage enterprise) are considered during the manufacturing, tuning and attitude.

WILBERS Competition with hose-connected header tank above all the header tank with its Low and High speed compression phase adjustment makes a genuine competitor for demanding use from this shock strut. Due to the space conditions (accommodation of the expansion tank) the shock strut with a container is supplied at the hose.

This shock strut offers the same technique characteristics and adjustment possibilities for feather/spring basis, course and compression phase in the Low speed and High speed range as its counterpart also from the full aluminum of milled admission. The difference lies only in the connection of the expansion tank. This is guaranteed with this model by a braided hose. That makes this shock strut the ideal alternative for road motorcycles with place problems. Because by the flexible hose a mounting of the header tank is possible, where place is - e.g. at the framework tail, where also the incident flow provides by the wind for additional cooling.

Optionally: (with all types available please does not inquire) with hydraulic initial stress in the spring + 205.00(EU) with vertical adjustment + 100.00(EU).

Very good translation :lol: , but I think everything is already said. The price in Europe is 615 € inkl. VAT, add. hydraulic preload adjuster is 205 € and height adjustment is 100 € but I think the height adjustment is not available for the bird!

Cheers f. Austria

Not having to pay the 16% VAT would be offset by the EURO / USD exchange which is around 1.14 at the moment.

Therefore, the cost in the U.S. would be pretty close to the price in EURO. Then... just add shipping.