CBR1100XX.org Forum

New handlebar system

mikeG

Interesting enough, but need some more R&D until I'm hooked, not for the faint hearted

The site says

"ConvertiBARS kit for Honda CBR 1100 ()

The Honda CBR 1100 has a 'P' kit status - Thes means it has been deemed as a probable fit, but has not yet been confirmed.

We encourage you to order the base kit only, determine the fit, and only then, order they proper length replacement parts if needed. You may need to drill holes, tap holes, relocate the Master cylinder(s), :chainsaw: and or other things in order to make this kit fit your bike. In exchange for installing, photographing, sending us the template, and letting us know the details of the installation, we will give you a 10% discount when you order the Proper Length Replacement parts.

Return and refund policies apply if the “Base Kit” it does not fit. “Proper Length Replacement Parts” and drilled handlebars are custom parts specific for your bike, and are not returnable.

Yeah, that's a pretty shitty policy. I e-mailed them asking if they'd like to do something for us. Will let you know.

Many other companies, like Galfer and Techlusion, just told me to bring a bike out and they will do the fitment testing, and the owner of the bike gets to keep the product.

Yeah, that's a pretty shitty policy.  I e-mailed them asking if they'd like to do something for us.  Will let you know.

Many other companies, like Galfer and Techlusion, just told me to bring a bike out and they will do the fitment testing, and the owner of the bike gets to keep the product.

Yeah, 10% for R&D. What kind of discount do think they'll offer?

Cal

Holy Cow. I was curious about those things until I read this. 10%? Business must be good. The least they could do is give you a set after THEY do the fitment, which presumably they could do properly. But to just have some random guy out there do the R and D? That is truly scary. If I was their lawyer, I'd be very nervous right now. :roll:

• 3 months later...

Wow... so much emotion!! Please allow me to set the record straight.

First, there is no testing required if you buy a kit. The bars have been thoroughly tested. There are only fitment issues with the different bikes. We are confident that they will fit the Blackbird, but the tolerances are so tight on the new bikes, that there is no real way to know for sure until we actually fit them to the bike. Some people don't want to wait for us to fit them up to their bike so, whether they are local or not, we give them an option. If you don't like the deal, that's ok, no need to bash us, just wait for the install to be confirmed. The 10% discount was a limited program because we are a small company and we have been so swamped that we could not handle any more new bikes. Now that we have more resources, we will be updating this program. Check out website for updates.

Tim

www.convertibars.com

Regarding a comment about the attractiveness of the ConvertiBARS, with out exception, everyone that sees the bars in person thinks that they are a factory option.