CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front Sprocket ?

bajjer9

I have to use the breaker bar/push down with foot technique :wink:

Spins the head right off :lol:

Hope you're replacing it with the same size?

The pickp is pointing at the front sprocket, thus if you make it smaller, clocks are out - have to get a speedohealer then to sort that problem out again.

Pls not that this is only for electronic or digital clocks, and not cable or analog...

Just some meaningless info... :roll:

Hope you're replacing it with the same size?

The pickp is pointing at the front sprocket, thus if you make it smaller, clocks are out - have to get a speedohealer then to sort that problem out again.

Pls not that this is only for electronic or digital clocks, and not cable or analog...

Just some meaningless info... :roll:

nope not stock, 16t on the front...and yes put the speedo healer on as well unfortunaely I put a positive value in and it indicated 120 at 80 (roughly) lol! Plus put the rear wavy disk,chain and a new set of rear pads on.

• 3 months later...

Would using a smallish impact wrench be taboo just for removing it? I know better than to use one to tighten, so don't go there? I used one to get the rear sprocket nuts off. :suckmeoff: Seemed to work ok on the lowest setting. Well I actually had to go up one setting.

Dameon

Would using a smallish impact wrench be taboo just for removing it?

It would work great though I didn't think it was a big deal getting it off. A lot easier than some lug nuts on car wheels.

Cool, I read on some other posts that it is regular threads so I'm not as nervous about it. I just didn't want to go the wrong way and shear the bolt of or something horrible like that :shock:

Did you keep it in gear to loosen and tighten (torque) it back down?

Thanks,

Dameon

Keep it in gear, stomp on the brake, stick a 2x4 thru the rear wheel.  whatever you need to do.  40 ft./lbs.

Man!! Of course, Thanks for the suggestions. 40ft./lbcs. isn't to much anyway.

<mumbling to self> Now why didn't I think of that! Been in the city to long I guess.